• ...and so much more!
  • MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Howdy tgt,

I had today off and after some activities with my family down in the city, we made it back home by 4 which gave me about 45 minutes to get to the closest indoor range before they close at 6. Earlier in the day I picked up the pair of S&W Shield Plus' from the lgs so this trip was to give them some initial shots. I also decided to bring along the new to me Elite LTT and 92x Compact.

Yesterday, fedex was suppose to deliver my Wilson Combat guide rod for the compact and they sht the bed but today it was waiting for me, so I quickly installed that, packed up and headed out. The indoor range that I typically go to is Blackbeard's in Sherman. Its a really nice range and gun shop. I highly recommend it

Had the whole range to myself so I decided to shoot the 92s first. I was on a time crunch so I fired both at the same target. 5 rounds at 5 yards, 5 rounds at 7 yards then 10yards for the rest of the box. I dont slow fire pistols and I dont shoot for tiny groups like I would with a hunting rifle. Pistols to me are meant to be carried and are meant to get rounds on a human sized target. If I want to shave the nuts off a mosquito, I will use my .308.

The Elite is amazing, but the rough texture on the compact made me lean towards that. I like the compact so damn much that I have big plans for some LTT NP3 love as well as an SRO. Its simply outstanding. I have always shot 92 pistols well since my time in the USMC but this is my first compact 92 and I think it just might be the best pistol (for me) that I have ever owned. Once it gets the LTT parts its going to be flawless
    IMG_6448.jpg

I shot a box through each Shield Plus as well. For the size of this pistol, the recoil is really not bad and is much less compared to a g43 or a p365. They both shot as well as expected and worked flawlessly. Great carry pistol but I do need to invest in a set of quality iwb holsters for me and Mrs MTA. For these guns, I just shot at 10 and 15 yards. Very comfortable to shoot and seem like they will be easy to carry IWB, OWB or pocket carry.

In the second picture there is a 5 shot group, I decided to rapid fire the last 5 rounds from the compact at 10 yards. The compact has won my heart

IMG_6445.jpg
    IMG_6447.jpg

Here they are:

IMG_6457.jpg
    IMG_6456.jpg
    Lynx Defense

Top Bottom