• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    When I click on a thread that has multiple pages there's no telling, or at least I couldn't figure it out, which page I'll end up on. Is there some setting that will take me to the most current page in that thread short of simply clicking on the last/current page?
    Texas SOT

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    When I click on a thread that has multiple pages there's no telling, or at least I couldn't figure it out, which page I'll end up on. Is there some setting that will take me to the most current page in that thread short of simply clicking on the last/current page?

If it is a thread which you already have visited, the next visit "should" be taking you to the next post.

If you jump into a thread in the middle, somehow, the same will happen.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Use the “New Posts” option to show the threads with new posts. The first time you visit a thread, it should start you at post 1. If you click on a page number of the thread it should start you at the first post of that page.

Once you’ve read a thread, it should be starting in that thread where you last left off until you’ve read all the posts. After that, the behavior is supposed to result in taking you to the first unread post of the thread.

One way to get up to speed quickly is to just mark all threads as read, then you should get the behavior of taking you to the first unread post.

Lots of shoulda and supposed to’s in there; it’s technology and different platforms produce different results.

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    And you don't HAVE to read all 7 pages to remove the thread from New Posts. Just click on page 7 & website thinks you've seen it all.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    And you don't HAVE to read all 7 pages to remove the thread from New Posts. Just click on page 7 & website thinks you've seen it all.

I believe that once the thread has been viewed, it automatically drops off the "new posts", regardless of how many posts are viewed.

ETA: Of course I've been wrong before, lol...

Top Bottom