• ...and so much more!
  • leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    <>

As a devout Southerner, adoptive Texan, & PG GG GS of an actual Confederate Colonel; I was raised to view Blacks as somewhat less ‘’intelligent’’ than other races. I was taught to help them whenever there was opportunity; but to not associate with them on a social basis.

My late Ancestors delighted in teaching Blacks basics of economics, especially in making them homeowners, not perpetual renters.

After a long career of teaching & cooperating with all races & ethnicities, I have revised that opinion. I now hold that, in general, there is little or no difference in native intelligence.

What, then is the invisible barrier holding many back ?

Our American Black ‘’elites’’ and educated first generation immigrants often observe in private that the media & leftist government’s continual oft-repeated claims that they are mistreated here in our USA, are not helping.

During long one-on-one teaching/work sessions with young Black African MD’s, I found them much easier to converse frankly with than our heavily pre-sensitized young domestic Black Docs.

Indeed, I now view all ‘’affirmative action’’ as harming rather than helping.

This has been especially evident in Medicine, Aviation, in some Military applications. Two of the brightest young folks recently were an actual Black NSA Rocket Scientist/Engineer, and a young Black Neurosurgeon.

There is Hope for us all, and for everyone.

leVieux

<>

Last edited:

alternative

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2023
    Texas
    Being devil's advocate and not a racist as I have black family member with a phd, is there any reason that oriental>caucasian>hispanic>black for high school graduation? This is virtually universal in the US and I do not believe it is based on economic status alone. I remember after the Viet Nam war, a large number of Vietnamese people came here, 20 people living in a small household, now their kids are doctors. Generalizing of course but high school graduation is a pretty good indicator of intelligence or lack of it. If caucasian kids had the lowest level of high school graduation would we conclude that they are dumber than the other groups? Even the Harvard lawsuits were initiated because of alleged discrimination against orientals, all with superior grades and test scores. So, to be a devil's advocate as we know there is genetics involved in features such as height, certain cancers, certain other diseases, why not intelligence?

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    <>

As children in the 1940’s, we were held to much more strict behavioral rules than ‘’boomers’’ or later generations.

That causes us to have greater work ethic.

There are 168 hours/week. Christmas week 1977, I worked 128 hours on the clock in Houston’s Texas Medical Center Hospitals & got paid well for it.

i am Christian but no-one else would do it, and the Patients needed their care supervised by a competent MD.

Peculiarly, I was very qualified in that area (Emergency Medicine), but not yet in the field I was then studying @ Baylor Med School.

leVieux

<>

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Being devil's advocate and not a racist as I have black family member with a phd, is there any reason that oriental>caucasian>hispanic>black for high school graduation? This is virtually universal in the US and I do not believe it is based on economic status alone. I remember after the Viet Nam war, a large number of Vietnamese people came here, 20 people living in a small household, now their kids are doctors. Generalizing of course but high school graduation is a pretty good indicator of intelligence or lack of it. If caucasian kids had the lowest level of high school graduation would we conclude that they are dumber than the other groups? Even the Harvard lawsuits were initiated because of alleged discrimination against orientals, all with superior grades and test scores. So, to be a devil's advocate as we know there is genetics involved in features such as height, certain cancers, certain other diseases, why not intelligence?

<>

If racial discrimination is bad, why do we allow it at all ?

Discrimination is just personal choice, unless it limits or harms another.

Liberals are suffering a mental disorder.

<>

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    I find that the culture a person comes from (the environment and beliefs) are more important than any race or ethnic factors.
    And of the culture one of the most influential if fathers.

Black biological fathers are far less likely than white biological fathers to be married to the mother of their children. Some 36% of blacks are in this situation, compared with 59% of whites. Among Hispanic biological fathers, this share is 50%.

Education is closely linked with the likelihood of a biological father’s being married to the mother of his children. Among fathers with less than a high school diploma, 40% are married to their children’s mother. The share rises to 50% for fathers who have a high school diploma. For fathers with at least a bachelor’s degree, the share married to the mother of their children jumps to 83%.

a35811375862564df0590e31426a12bd.jpg
    602faab27b16cff72a751417592e28e8.jpg

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    <>

Urban Black Fatherlessnes is a creature of LBJ’s not-so ‘’Great Society’’.

I was on ‘’Sociology’’ & OB services back im the ‘60’s.

“AFDIC’’ welfare paid young Black women $300/month for each child; only if their man was NOT in the home/

The women got PG on purpose, partied endlessly, and gave the baby to the welfare grandmother to raise on her welfare checks in the projects.

This caused collapse of Black Families.

Still does.

<>

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    <>

<>

Is discrimination allowed?
    I thought it was illegal.

Do we need more laws against it?

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    Not only allowed but sanctioned by and a part of government.
    See definition #3.

1720393855979.png

alternative

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2023
    Texas
    <>

<>
    There is no question that racial discrimination is bad. My being devil's advocate was the question of whether genetics and IQ were a factor. Is it all socio-economic factors or is there a genetic difference? I don't know the answer but the reality of the measurable factors, high school graduation rates universally in the US is hard to argue against. Even among college graduates there is a need for diversity, less qualified people taking the position of more qualified people. These are untouchable issues in today's society.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    There is no question that racial discrimination is bad. My being devil's advocate was the question of whether genetics and IQ were a factor. Is it all socio-economic factors or is there a genetic difference? I don't know the answer but the reality of the measurable factors, high school graduation rates universally in the US is hard to argue against. Even among college graduates there is a need for diversity, less qualified people taking the position of more qualified people. These are untouchable issues in today's society.

<>

So, affirmative action which harms non-Black Citizens is OK ?

Shouldn't it be ‘’best qualified” person getting the position; or is this not OK ?

<>

(Please excuse my grammar, I’m on post-op pain meds.)

Lead Belly

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    Lake Conroe
    Missing from the puzzle regarding success of a "race" is the cooperation withing the race amongst it's own people. Koreans help Koreans, Jews help Jews...etc. Traditionally, these groups have elders that loan money to promising young go-getters within the group at very favorable terms, then they mentor them and see to it that the rest of the group support their own kind in business.

When White folk do that, it's racist- why are there so many Irish cops??- we need x,y,z races to be equally represented within the ranks. I get that patronage excluded many, but the pendulum has swung so far now to reward lesser candidates over the more qualified and society as a whole is worse-off for it.

Obama the Globalist divider set back race relations 100 years. Divisive music/movies also played a pivotal role in filling heads with garbage. Feels like some groups want to decide who can get along, and under what circumstances.

alternative

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2023
    Texas
    <>

So, affirmative action which harms non-Black Citizens is OK ?

Shouldn't it be ‘’best qualified” person getting the position; or is this not OK ?

<>

(Please excuse my grammar, I’m on post-op pain meds.)
    Cut back on the pain meds. I agree that the most qualified person should get the job. Never said otherwise.

Top Bottom