• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mkburden

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    HUNT COUNTY TEXAS
    1. So does anybody know how well a spikes tactical lower will mate with a rock river upper? I dont want my rifle to look like frankenstein with the noticable mismatch or worse yet wobble.
    2. Also i plan to install an eotech style sight, so i want the flattop upper receiver with detach a2 to start with untill i get it. Would this mean i need a flip front sight or will the fixed a2 not interfere with sight picture once the eotech is on?
    3. I am curious which flash hiders are removable because i want to put a fake can on and need to access threaded barrel.
    4. Also, I am wanting a rra lpk, is the nm trigger shear greatness if not which one would the experts recommend?
    I'm sure there are better parts (colt,noveske,etc) and by all means if you want to help with costs i will get the best of the best. I am relatively new to ar's but not to guns. thanks in advance fellas
    Lynx Defense

mkburden

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    HUNT COUNTY TEXAS
    Money is no object. Not really just always wanted to type that. Seriously given the price of the parts being assembled around it, I dont know. The rra nm trigger is like what $200. Anything around that price any better? or worse so i dont fk up and snag that one. What do you have on yours? I never have fired one with a "upgrade trigger" but it seems like good money to spend. Whats are the 2 best triggers out there for this anyway?

Randman

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Leander, TX
    Money is no object. Not really just always wanted to type that. Seriously given the price of the parts being assembled around it, I didn't know. The rra nm trigger is like what $200. Anything around that price any better? or worse so i don't fk up and snag that one. What do you have on yours? I never have fired one with a "upgrade trigger" but it seems like good money to spend. Whats are the 2 best triggers out there for this anyway?
    Best, is a relative term..I dare say I could out shoot most with a standard trigger. To me it's like comparing a $250 set of golf clubs to a $2000 set...I can play just as bad with the $2000 set... Unless you are shooting competition most standard equipment would be just fine..

for my .02 worth....I like the Delton kits..I used NO special tools to build the kit, and I have done 7 of them so far..Best price also that I could find for good product...Not "The Best" but damn good.. check out there site del-ton dot com...

If you are a member over at ar15 dot com, they'll give you a small percentage off of your purchase..every little bit helps...

I am getting ready to do 3 builds in the 2nd half, and delton is who I am using..

Good luck, hope this helps..

Randman

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Leander, TX
    They will send a note with the kit that states not to use Wolf, and some other kind, or it will void the warranty...The only ammo I ever had problems feeding was on an M4 build where I added the M4 feed ramps...it didn't like hollow points for some reason, but ate any fmj I gave it... I usually get my ammo from GA ARms out of GA, 500 or 1000 round cans...Never ever had an issue with a single round..even with shipping price is not bad..

On the others, without the feed ramps, I have personally never had an issue with any ammo...

Another thing that I wouldn't waste money on is chrome lining...*Flame suit on* Unless you are going to be out in the jungle for 30 days at a time without cleaning your weapon you just don't need it...Clean the thing after every range session and you'll be golden...The Chrome Moly is sufficiant...again, only my opinion so take it for what it's worth..

swsmailman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    East Texas
    Mk, not trying to take you away from here or anything but for a ton of articles and such on building an AR you might want to look at AR15.com or m4carbine.net.

I have been reading a ton of stuff on those sites, pretty much know what I am going to get once I start building mine.
    Here are a couple of articles from m4
    "Oh No! I bought a BM/RRA/Stag before I knew better!" - M4Carbine.net Forums
    Comparison Chart of Major AR Brands - M4Carbine.net Forums
    Now I'm an AR15 owner, now what? - M4Carbine.net Forums

mkburden

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    HUNT COUNTY TEXAS
    i pretty clearly stated spikes lower rra lpk rra upper. i was intending on getting the questions answered as
    1 has anybody seen the spikes lower on a rock river upper? if so, was there much play between the two?
    2 if i were to use an eotech would the fixed a2 front site be in the way of my sight picture
    3 if all flash hiders were removable or only the ones over 16" barrel (legal ramifications)
    4 opinions on a sweet trigger
    i am somewhat set on this due to the information and prices i am confortable with having tied up in my first build. just trying to get a few answers i thought might be readily available to anybody that has one.

fuelfather

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    San Antonio
    My spikes lower mates well to my RRA upper. Feels like normal fit.

Some flash hiders on 16" and longer barrels are pinned on, some are not. Flash hider not required if barrel is 16" or longer. If barrel and flash hider combined is under 16 inches the you will need an SBR tax stamp and local LEO sign-off.

mkburden

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    HUNT COUNTY TEXAS
    My spikes lower mates well to my RRA upper. Feels like normal fit.

Some flash hiders on 16" and longer barrels are pinned on, some are not. Flash hider not required if barrel is 16" or longer. If barrel and flash hider combined is under 16 inches the you will need an SBR tax stamp and local LEO sign-off.

Thanks. I knew somebody had that exact setup. Please tell me you have a picture to post for me.

Top Bottom