• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I lived in Tulsa for years and loved it. Belonged to a large Gun Club, had a nice home and a good job. Tulsa was great when Petroleum was booming and the McDonnell Douglas Aircraft plant was running wide open. When Oil and Aircraft tanked, the place took a major slide.

I took a job in KC Mo and hated it! I stayed a year and loved the giant flea markets held in drive in theaters on the weekends. They had laws that prohibited pickup trucks from "Parkway" areas of the city. I drove a truck with commercial tags so there were whole areas of town I couldn't go. I gave up in disgust and moved back to Tulsa.

Texas is the best! I came here in 1992 and intend to stay. Everything I like is available here and there is a minimum number of Libtards here.

Flash
    Target Sports

apache

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2010
    earth
    Great responses! if we go to dallas area seems we need to stay north toward Denton area. As of now it's Dallas area or NC

apache

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2010
    earth
    I have a question. What does it take to register your vehicles in Texas? If we move think it might be plano, denton area or even Fort Worth?

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Tulsa Ok, I lived there 9 years and visit often. I'd move back there if I had the chance. Dallas is just too big of a city. Tulsa Ok is "the right size". Has four seasons trees, hills and lakes.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    I have a question. What does it take to register your vehicles in Texas? If we move think it might be plano, denton area or even Fort Worth?
    You go to your local tax office for the initial registration. I would make sure I have proper insurance. Go get a vehicle inspection, which can be had at most local mechanics for $14.50 and 10 minutes of your time and then go to the tax office. Most vehicles are between $50-$90 to get registered.

Thats it. It should take you about an hour all together your first time. After that you can do it by mail.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Denton County and Tarrant County are both decent options. Ft. Worth is a big city with a small city feel, not near as fast moving as Dallas. Dont know much about Southlake.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I'm not big on the Dallas area, but Texas is great. If you can put up with the hippies, Austin is definitely my favorite. I've lived lots of different places, and the only place I can really see myself living over than TX is AK. I can't deal with all that snow tho so I'd have to figure out a way to migrate back to TX during the winter, lol...

wrtanker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2009
    Ft. Worth
    I grew up in Ft Worth. It is a great place to live. Downtown is great and the stockyards offer plenty to do. Also, for cultural stuff it's hard to beat FTW.
    Dallas is too big and crowded. Dallas wants to by NY city so they hardly acknowledge their Texas heritage. The city and county goverments are all crazy as well as the school board. Taxes are higher in Dallas than FTW. Do I sound like a hater? I worked for many years in Dallas but refused to live in that county. I'd rather put up with the commute. Stick with Tarrant or Denton county and you'll like life a lot better.

As for registering your car, that price Texascop2 mentioned is for counties that don't have emissions inspections. Tarrant, Dallas, and Denton all have them and it ups the price to something in the low $20s (don't remember for sure now).

I've been in Virginia for a couple of years now with the Army. I can't tell you how much I miss Texas. Can't wait to get back there!

Poink88

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Austin
    I can't read the link (requires me to login) so I am responding in the dark. I live in Austin, TX and cannot be happier. Lived in San Antonio for 9 years and it is a great city but Austin is much better for me. Visited Houston and Dallas a few times and both are too big and fast paced for me.

It really depends on your preference but if you ever consider Austin, check the west side.

Top Bottom