• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Texas has everything you could want. Mountains, beaches, desert, woodlands.... great gun laws. low taxes, no state income tax, conservative politics, good economy......the list goes on.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    Atlanta is a dumphole, I know, I have family 50 miles south of there.
    Pheonix rules and has the best gun laws, and from what I understand you can get a very nice home at a hell of a price right now. Dont think the economy is so good though but your wife will already have a job.
    Dallas is a great place. Housing in the rual areas is $$$.
    I dont know about North Carolina, only been there one time.

If I were to decide to move and had your choices, It would be a toss up between Pheonix and Dallas. But then again I hate Metro areas!

Willy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2009
    Ellis County
    My family are all near Dallas, so my opinion is biased.

I've always liked Tulsa. It's a beautiful area. Gun laws are OK. I like their stance on immigration and most politics in general. The only thing I don't like about OK is that there is a state income tax.

Never been to Charlotte, but I like NC and having mountains, trees, and beaches are good things.

Phoenix is nice. Great gun laws. The down side is the weather. It's like Dallas + 10 degrees in the Summer. There's not much shade there.

KC is nice. I think the gun laws are OK. I have a cousin with 23 acres 35 miles out of KC. He hunts dear from a deer stand built into his barn. Last time I was there, he had 4 deer hanging frozen outside high in the trees.

Dallas has no state income tax. Politics are usually good.

I won't live in any of these, but I would live 25-40 miles outside of Dallas first(since it's home), then Tulsa. Illegals are taking over in border states. Unless they stop putting them through school and paying their medical bills, things will get worse.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    But it's a dry heat....
    WTF is a sprawl?
    Illegals? Hell, all their illegal done left and moved to San Antonio to work in the new Caterpillar factory.
    Kooks? You mean Cooks? if so I like cooks.
    115 degrees is too hot regardless of the humidity. WAY WAY more illegals in Phoenix than San Antonio. I dont mean cooks, I mean kooks...weirdos....nut jobs. Too many of them in Phoenix for my taste.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    There isn't enough money on the planet to get me to live outside of Texas again. I made that mistake and learned from it.

NC is pretty, I will give it that.

I worked for a company that was based in Tulsa and they wanted to move folks from Houston to Tulsa. No one would go. People would rather be unemployed in Houston than get transferred to Tulsa. We used to call it "Tulsa, the town that Tulsans love."

I've had friends and neighbors who lived in KC. All of them moved here. Need I say more?

Can't speak for Phoenix.

Top Bottom