• Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    Welcome to the forum!

I've seen folks questioned about ammo (i.e. steel core), safety equipment (eyes, ears...) and/or safety violations, but I've never seen anyone questioned about barrel length, cans, etc. YMMV
    Several years ago at Shoot Point Blank in Memphis (Range USA) I had a range officer ask about the Tax stamp for a suppressor. I asked if he worked for ATF and never went to that range again. At Top Gun I was never questioned about barrel length or suppressors, only if I was using an allowed caliber.

Last edited:

BBL

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2021
    TX
    Best course of action? Before you go, print out this thread and bring it to the range with you. Show them the answers to defend your position. Please report back with results.
    And of course, welcome to the forum!

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    During the last few years I was a RSO at a memphis range. The training I was given did not address NFA items. They didn't permit drawing from a holster, rapid fire or rifles larger than .556, otherwise normal safety rules were only requirement. They did have rental automatic weapons used under the direct supervision of a few of the staff.

Top Bottom