• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shooter McGavin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2012
    Free Texas
    Hopefully a few of you fine people on here can share a little insight. I took possession of an M10 AK-47 style rifle recently, this particular model came equipped with a railed forend. I'm wanting to mount a variable power scope like a 1-3 or so but prefer to mount it forward on the rail as opposed to getting a side mount and doing it that way. So, I'll need something with a long eye relief and I don't know maybe some sort of rearward angled mount possibly? Has anyone gone this route? I don't plan on dropping hundreds of dollars on this either, nothing fancy just something simple and rugged. Appreciate anyone who can provide opinions and suggestions. Thank ya much!
    Venture Surplus ad

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I'd put a red dot scope on it. Think Eotech or Aimpoint or a cheaper knock off style.

A scout scope might work but they are hard to find cheap and there aren't many knock offs of those.

You get what you pay for.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    If that forend is like the rest I've seen I'd side mount. But as is I think You're looking at a " scout scope ". Leopold and Nikon are the only manufacturers that offer these that come to my mind. But I don't know jack about scout Scopes. Both are around $200 I think. Good luck.

tap talked from a phone yeah im on my phone! it's crazy!

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    A scout scope might work but they are hard to find cheap and there aren't many knock offs of those.

You get what you pay for.

I was thinking Bushnell or someone in that price bracket had a scout in their lineup. But I'm not sure. As for the red dot my vortex strike fire is doing good for me. It was $150 I think.

tap talked from a phone yeah im on my phone! it's crazy!

soada101

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Euless, TX
    Nikon P223. Not M. Havnt used it on gun but looked through it last week. Good under 200yrds. Use with both eyes open. Very clear! I just dont know since it was pretty much made for 223 carbine.but worth looking into. Esp for $125-150

Sent from Samsung Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk.

camd64

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    cedar park
    Bushnell has a few in their Trophy XLT lineup for that price range. 2-6x32mm so you would have a good FOV. I have used both the XLT's and the 3200 Elites, good clear glass.

soada101

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Euless, TX
    I went to cabelas the other day.. i MUST say i changed my mind. for 3x9x40 i would spend the extra little bit and get the leupold vx-1. 250 at cabelas. the clarity vs the p223 (although good) just doesnt compare. Changed my mind the INSTANT i looked through it. worth looking at!

Top Bottom