• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    We are on the approach to SKF and regularly get C-5s and F-16s from there, and T-38s from RND (for some reason the T-6s don't make it over this way, likely they go to SEQ instead). While not overly low, we hear them all the time.

I work a lot closer to SKF and regularly stop to watch the fighters, trainers and even the "rubber dogshit out of Hong Kong" cargo planes take off and land!

Anyone who doesn't love airplane noise is a fag!

Helicopters are just as cool!

Howie68

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2023
    Richmond, Texas
    I was chilling on the couch yesterday unwinding from a busy day. Wife was facetiming her sister. I overheard a conversation that came up about a crazy neighbor they have. They live on 40acres around the Texoma area, have a runway and a plane. The neighbor hates this, I think because they fly over his house to land. Not super low. Anyway, they have had altercations with him. So now his thing to do anytime they are outside, barn doors up, he drives over, parks in the street and starts taking pictures/video. She said one day she was sitting outside sunbathing in her chair, watching the kids play and he just pulled up and started his shenanigans. Their house sits about 200yrds off the road, so he's not real close while doing this crap.

I have no idea how to handle something like this. I have never had this problem. Let me be clear, I'm not trying to fix this for them. They are grown azz adults. But it got my wheels turning on how you would handle this. I know he's on public property... but he is also invading privacy.

If you are LEO... or have had something like this. Please share your thoughts on the recourse. They have determined that the guy is pretty much crazy. I think good communication would fix the problem. But the BIL isn't good at that, and the other guy is... well... crazy. Lol
    Sorry they have an AH for a neighbor. Have they considered certifying for jet aircraft? ;)

Last edited:
    Top Bottom