Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    popcorn02.jpeg

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    How many times does it have to be said, there is no "property owner says it is OK exemption."
    What part of "on the person's own premises or premises under the person's control" am I missing. As a property owner I can delegate control to whomever I want. That same person can be authorized to ban a LTC person from entry if I have delegated that power to him/her. Look at 46.02, 2A.
    If we believe your interpretation my wife (not actually listed as an owner of our house) could not carry in our house. So, if it doesn't say it is illegal is it legal?

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    As long as you can legally own and possess a gun, and are a passenger, and the driver/owner of the vehicle you are passenger of, is legal to own or possess a gun knows you have the gun and approves, I see no problems legally.

Disclaimer: But, I'm not a lawyer, and don't play one on TV either.
    I told you playing a Rockette wasn't going to get you anywhere.

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Yes, the owner or the person in control (a renter for example). There is no provision for property guests to carry, or for property owners to give guests permission.
    IIRC this is changing. Rentor cannot evict for possession?
    One problem with auto carry, LTC or not, is what you do after you leave the auto. You either lock it in the auto (bad idea) or take it into a location. You are allowed to do that. Unfortunately, many 'locations' don't allow guns. This is the real problem.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Would it be illegal for the manager to allow the Clinique girl to open carry? Can’t you follow your own argument?

He cannot give the Clinique girl permission to carry. Again, if you will answer the question...do you imagine that the manager would convey control of the store to the Clinique girl, because that is the only way she can carry there minus an LTC?

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    What part of "on the person's own premises or premises under the person's control" am I missing. As a property owner I can delegate control to whomever I want. That same person can be authorized to ban a LTC person from entry if I have delegated that power to him/her. Look at 46.02, 2A.
    Now you seem to be getting it. An owner or person in control can convey control, but not simple authorization to carry.
    If we believe your interpretation my wife (not actually listed as an owner of our house) could not carry in our house. So, if it doesn't say it is illegal is it legal?
    Now you are missing the point again. Regardless of whether your wife is "actually listed as an owner" of your house, it is clearly her premises and she is in control of the premises.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    He cannot give the Clinique girl permission to carry. Again, if you will answer the question...do you imagine that the manager would convey control of the store to the Clinique girl, because that is the only way she can carry there minus an LTC?
    Thank you for finally ending this. The management can give control to anyone that he/she chooses and if it is the "Clinique girl" she can carry minus an LTC (as you noted). Your first sentence seems illogical. In the practical sense is it likely, no. If it is not illegal then I assume it is legal.

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    Yes, the owner or the person in control (a renter for example). There is no provision for property guests to carry, or for property owners to give guests permission.
    IIRC this is changing. Rentor cannot evict for possession?
    One problem with auto carry, LTC or not, is what you do after you leave the auto. You either lock it in the auto (bad idea) or take it into a location. You are allowed to do that. Unfortunately, many 'locations' don't allow guns. This is the real problem.
    That's why there is a list of .06 and .07 establishments.

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    Thank you for finally ending this. The management can give control to anyone that he/she chooses and if it is the "Clinique girl" she can carry minus an LTC (as you noted). Your first sentence seems illogical. In the practical sense is it likely, no. If it is not illegal then I assume it is legal.
    So do they have a time card of who is in control?

Top Bottom