• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    I am aware of it that is why I am asking so it may hopefully be changed to be FAIR and not just seller protective.
    Seller protective? There is absolutely nothing UNFAIR about a seller placing an ad and people passing on his item if it's overpriced. It's that way anywhere you go. Nobody has the right to play gun price police on another man's item.

Senseless whining about somebody's price isn't tolerated. If you don't like a price, move on. The seller will eventually keep it or lower his price if it is too high.

I think that pretty much sums it up.

Poink88

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Austin
    I thought a forum is where people help each other and share knowledge and ideas.

The idea might be radical to you guys but no need to pile on. I GOT IT! Who is whining? I am just asking a question based on what I see. I may be mistaken or different from your beliefs but I am not forcing it. All I am concerned is the newbie...a potential brother of the cause who will be burned and may be lost because someone took advantage of him and no one helped. That is not paying his dues for me.

BTW, people who preach free market hopefully will NEVER complain when gas is at $5.00/gal or more or when ammo price and groceries doubled. ;)

Thank you.

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    Free markets do not need protectionism. They are self leveling. If people choose to make poor buying decisions in a world where Google can give them a price on anything from about 20 vendors, in about half a second... they are just idiots... or at the very least don't need to be on a computer unsupervised.

Life does not have or need safety nets for the stupid.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Gas WILL be $5 a gallon sooner than most know and groceries will cost a small fortune...and even then I hope to god that there are no price controls from a government who is trying to "help". Ask cubans or north koreans how that government controlled price systems is working. I don't think anyone is being malicious toward you, but freedom lovers everywhere cringe at the suggestion of big brother telling us what we can sell our goods for.

Poink88

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Austin
    It is. You asked and were answered. You just don't like the answer.

Ah, but I took the answer as it is and will respect it (whether I like it or not). Some seemed enjoying the pile up a little though ;) LOL

For the record...you are one of the people I thrust and respect the most here.

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    Don't take the pile on too personally.

The issue of people calling others out on their prices has come up more than once here. In fact people used to do it and it got ugly... so the practice was "outlawed" on TGT. Your point that some overprice their stuff is right on, but as with any classified situation anywhere, it's buyer beware.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    The reason we do this is we don't want to see people's threads get derailed with a bunch of chatter that detracts from the ad. It really sucks when you are trying to sell something and then your thread ends up having 2 or 3 pages of mindless banter that basically nullifies the purpose of the thread.

Dario, we're not jumping all over you man. Sorry if it came off like that. :-)

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Ah, but I took the answer as it is and will respect it (whether I like it or not). Some seemed enjoying the pile up a little though ;) LOL

For the record...you are one of the people I thrust and respect the most here.

Ah kin feel the love.....

Hope ya didn't take any of my comments as "pilin' on". Guess it's somewhat of a sore subject for many here, though, because all too often folks take it on themselves to "judge" an askin' price as bein' too high and publicly post - even to the point of links to other guns that are available at a lower price.

It's not always the price - sometimes, it's convenience, other times it's being able to get it right away, being able to see it first-hand, etc. Other times, yeah - the seller IS just bat-shit crazy....but it is what it is. You can't protect a fool from themselves, and sometimes ya just gotta let things happen. In MOST instances, over-priced items just sit......and the seller finally gets the idea that they need to adjust the price.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    It is pretty easy to lower the price, not so easy to raise it. You have to start the negotiation somewhere. I am shocked what people will pay, not only here, but for used items in general.

Buyer beware. I usually check it against the Blue Book value which seems to be updated online fairly regularly. I will usually offer the 90% price for a 98% item. Getting a deal is what its all about. Browsing is half of the fun. Forums like this keep the values artificially elevated which is good for you if you are a seller. There seems to be such a small difference between the new and used price, I don't understand why everyone does not just pay the extra $20 to $50 and get a new one...

If I had to guess, no taxes & no paperwork.....

Top Bottom