• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    1. Ideologies aside, I have NEVER tasted a vegan product that was "as good" as the genuine article. They can sausage and "hot gut" all they want but it ain't gonna come close to a properly bbq'd hunk of muscle and fat.

2. I don't think Black's, Smitty's, and/or Kruez's are gonna lose any sleep...Chisolm Trail, maybe :laughing: .
    I've tried the "Impossible Burger" and some other ones. It's not bad, but there's very little difference health-wise between real meat and the fake meat. The fake meat actually had more sodium, so I choose real meat.
    Venture Surplus ad

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    I've tried the "Impossible Burger" and some other ones. It's not bad, but there's very little difference health-wise between real meat and the fake meat. The fake meat actually had more sodium, so I choose real meat.
    To be clear, I have had some tasty vegan dishes, I just have never had a "replacement" vegan version of a dish that was better than the original it was trying to copy.
    F'king A. We should have a shoot then at Lonestar and go to Blacks.
    I'm in. Let's make it happen while the weather is still decent.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Lockhart's a pretty far drive for an electric vehicle...
    Pffft - excuses. Since It's a 30 minute ride from my house - Y'all figure out when. Pistol ranges are great there, rifle ranges - not so much. If you get people not shooting over your lane at 100 yards, - good to go.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Pffft - excuses. Since It's a 30 minute ride from my house - Y'all figure out when. Pistol ranges are great there, rifle ranges - not so much. If you get people not shooting over your lane at 100 yards, - good to go.

Dude. That was a comment on how these folks with the queer vegan BBQ picked a stupid location. No way in hell I'd buy an EV, especially as rural as I am.

Unfortunately, however, for me Lockhart is a 4 hour drive at best.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Here's an example of that racism and sexism in the Texas BBQ industry...the Japanese-American woman who owned and ran one of the most successful BBQ joints in the state. Her son runs it now. A lot of my high school friends worked there in the 80s when it was really taking off under Mrs Roberts' direction.

She was also pitmaster at Goldee’s in Ft Worth that was named #1 in Texas Monthly’s 50 best last year.

Like I said, I’m willing to give a lot of joint’s at least one try, but the -ism shît is just disingenuous.

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    Fake meat?

kjXy8v.gif

Top Bottom