• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas824

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2013
    I'm going to be in the hill country for a week in March. Any place there to shoot for free on public land or some such? Doubt there is but just thought I'd check.

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Eli

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Ghettohood - SW Houston
    Very little 'public land' here in Texas, the State kept it when we foolishly allowed ourselves to be annexed by the federal government. They later sold it to fund the State University System.

Eli

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    I've been around here damn near all my life. I don't know of anything like that. However....you could try to get friendly with some locals and maybe get lucky that way.

Sent from my toolbox

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Probably less than 2% of the Land in Texas is public. Don't even know of any public ranges on what little public land we have.

Did see several parcels of land in eastern Colorado listed for $15K/34 acres. Bulldozer, berm, instant personal shooting range!

Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 28, 2011
    Austin
    Thats a big negative....I was actually drinking coffee and spit up a bit due to uncontrollable laughter. Your best bet is to look around for someone who offers day hog hunts. Some are actually very affordable and fun to boot.

Texas824

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2013
    Thanks all for the replies. I was afraid I knew the answer but thought I'd check anyway. It's a shame, we have the 2nd largest state, land wise, and arguably the largest state in regards to "gun culture" yet it can be so hard to find a good place to shoot, inexpensively.

Top Bottom