• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kikjunk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2010
    san antoniio
    I have a couple questions about what I can and cannot have on my person while on a college campus. I tried looking for a list of such prohibited items but wasn't able to find one. I know that I cannot conceal carry my firearm, so I keep it in my glovebox while in class. But what are the rules regarding knives? Can I wear my leatherman tool? Carry my pocket knife? I usually keep a pair of cuffs in my bag as well. Is that prohibited? Will I get in trouble for having a few loaded mags or loose rounds in my bag? These are just everyday carry items that I feel comfortable carrying. Does anyone have any insight on this?
    Target Sports

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    I have a couple questions about what I can and cannot have on my person while on a college campus. I tried looking for a list of such prohibited items but wasn't able to find one. I know that I cannot conceal carry my firearm, so I keep it in my glovebox while in class. But what are the rules regarding knives? Can I wear my leatherman tool? Carry my pocket knife? I usually keep a pair of cuffs in my bag as well. Is that prohibited? Will I get in trouble for having a few loaded mags or loose rounds in my bag? These are just everyday carry items that I feel comfortable carrying. Does anyone have any insight on this?

Your question is vague. State law only prohibits you from carrying firearms, illegal knives, clubs and prohibited weapons into the buildings. Anything else would be a matter of policy for your school, and your student handbook will tell you about that. To define illegal knives, clubs and prohibited weapons Google Texas Penal Code 46.01 and 46.05.

LEAVE THE HANDCUFFS AT HOME.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    In San Antonio locking knife blades are illegal per this city ordinance...

Sec. 21-17. - Certain knives prohibited generally; exceptions; penalty for violation.

(a) It shall be unlawful for any person to intentionally or knowingly carry on or about his person a knife with a blade less than five and one-half (5½) inches in length, which knife is equipped with a lock mechanism so that upon opening, it becomes a fixed blade knife.

(Code 1959, § 26-28.1)

Cross reference— Regulation of firearms and weapons, § 21-151 et seq.; possession of a knife, § 21-155.

And why in the hell would you be carrying loaded magazines/loose rounds and handcuffs on a college campus?!? You might consider them "everyday items," but they are going to look suspicious to campus police if anything ever happens and you're caught with them.

Here's an idea, take books and other stuff you need for school, and leave all your "survival gear" at home!

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Maybe it's something that never accured to me, but why carry handcuffs anywhere?

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Ah, I see. I still wouldn't try it at UH. Too many reports of vehicle break ins, and I don't want to deal with the higher risk of getting my gun stolen. But then again, I have to drive to the 3rd ward area unarmed, and there are reports of people being robbed in parking lots too.

If only guns weren't banned on campus, that would solve both my problems lol.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kennethreyes
    Top Bottom