• ...and so much more!
  • benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    We're getting some odd results with profanity filters. Can everyone who has their profanity filter turned off see all 4 of the words below?

pussy
    cum
    Capitol Armory ad

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I can't see my own words so I'm trying again.

pussy
    cum

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    Is the filter on by default? I only see the asterisks, so I assume it is on and working. I don't even know where to find it...

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I don't even know where to find it...
    On the web interface, click on your avatar at the top of the page. Then click on "Account Details". Scroll down; the setting is at the bottom of the page.

One way to possibly fix the situation is to go to your own "Account Details", change your profanity filter setting, and save the setting. Then go back into that same page and set it back to where you actually want it and save again.

If anybody is willing to test like that, I'd like to know if you got the desired results.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Is the filter on by default?
    The filter is on by default for new accounts. I'm trying to figure out if all the pre-existing accounts got their settings changed to the default when the changeover to the new software happened.

I'm currently not confident in that theory; I think it's something different. However, if y'all test and feed me info it'll help narrow down the search.

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    On the web interface, click on your avatar at the top of the page. Then click on "Account Details". Scroll down; the setting is at the bottom of the page.

One way to possibly fix the situation is to go to your own "Account Details", change your profanity filter setting, and save the setting. Then go back into that same page and set it back to where you actually want it and save again.

If anybody is willing to test like that, I'd like to know if you got the desired results.
    Thanks for the help. So, when I opened it, "Turn off" was checked already, which surprised me. I guessed it was on, since I saw all asterisks in your earlier posts and I rarely see a potty word here.

Top Bottom