• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swsmailman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    East Texas
    I picked up a couple of boxes of FMJ when I first bought my Nagant, along with the only box of soft points that they had at my local Gander which is also where I bought my Nagant for a steal of a price.

Now the first box that I used gave me 1 no fire round. At that moment in time I though nothing about it, 1 round, no big deal.

Last Thursday I did some shooting with some friends and opened up the second box in line to be shoot. The manufacture year was 2009. (I have a pet peeve or writing the date of manu. on the outside of every box of ammo and then shooting the oldest up first). So I load up 3 and take aim at the target that was set up at around 30 yards, pull trigger, nothing. Eject the round and was clear that it hit the primer but with no effect. Put the round in the dirt with the bullet stuck in the dirt and go on to the next one. Shoots fine, 3rd one shoots fine.

Load up another 3. 1st one does fine, 2nd one does nothing, 3rd does fine. Now I am kinda getting annoyed.

Load up 4 this time for a friend, 1st one does nothing, 2nd shoots fine, 3rd does nothing, 4th does fine.

Now I am really annoyed.

So out of 10 rounds only 6 actually went boom. Now yes I know this is Russian made ammo at its finest, and I only use it for shooting trees and hogs. But is this normal with Brown Bear?

I don't think it is a gun problem since on all the dud rounds the primer is clearly hit and nicely depressed.

I still have 15 rounds left in that box, another 25 round box of FMJ and the entire box of SP left in the ammo can that I store them in (which has a small bag of that moisture remover stuff in it)

Also, what is the best way to dispose of the ammo that was a dud? It is not brass casing btw.
    And, any recommendations for getting a good bulk supply of this ammo? Around the 100-200 round mark?
    ARJ Defense ad

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    zw150202
    Top Bottom