• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mikeinhistory

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Also if you have time to spare and fill like screwing with them, answer the phone in a different language and act like you can't speak English, when they call back with someone that speaks that language answer in a different one and just keep doing this until they get tired of calling.

That's what my girlfriend does. She knows 6 languages so it usually works

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    Venture Surplus ad

Greg_TX

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Klein, TX
    One way to fix the problem, and save money too, is disconnect the landline. We disconnected ours about two years ago and don't miss it.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    You guys may have some good ideas about getting rid of unwanted callers. My technique is easier. I simply hang up. If I get too many calls, I turn the darned phone off.

Flash

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    The phone number has been on the no call list, but it may have been long enough that it should be put on again.

I call the home phone from my work phone to talk to GF during the day, & my internet comes over the landline, or I would disconnect.

robinb14

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2014
    The phone number has been on the no call list, but it may have been long enough that it should be put on again.

I call the home phone from my work phone to talk to GF during the day, & my internet comes over the landline, or I would disconnect.

When DSL first came out, you had to have a landline. That changed a while back and I haven't had one in years, I use my cell for everything, except I use Google voice from home often.

For the warranty company, my citicard has the ability to create a "virtual card number" with any limit. You can create one, it's free, with a limit of like $1, and give them that card # to charge. It will cost them like 50¢ or $1 every time they try and it fails. There's a few banks that have those virtual cards.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    If they always call from the same number (or selection of 3 or 4 numbers), then next time they call, answer by saying "Domino's! Take out or delivery?" When they ask for your daughter, argue with them. "Look, pal, do you want a pizza or not? This line is for pizza orders. If you're trying to reach an employee, call the store she works at, ok?"

ZX9RCAM

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    If they always call from the same number (or selection of 3 or 4 numbers), then next time they call, answer by saying "Domino's! Take out or delivery?" When they ask for your daughter, argue with them. "Look, pal, do you want a pizza or not? This line is for pizza orders. If you're trying to reach an employee, call the store she works at, ok?"

HA!

Nope, number is blocked, but it could still work, just answer any blocked number that way.

But, it could also lead to more phone calls trying to reach her, thinking they dialed a wrong number.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Honestly, though some of the techniques have worked for some, I believe a lot of these operations are run from phone banks where the person making the call doesn't physically dial or even have control over what number to call next. Your phone number just sits in a database somewhere and it auto dials when one operator has a free line. The only thing most of these callers have power to do is hang up if you ask questions that are not in reference to their script.

Ranger60

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Taylor
    OK, easy solution is just do not answer an unknown number. I do not have a landline, only a cell, but the robo callers still occasionally get thru. The do not call list only works for companies that are legitimate. If a number is not in my address book, I do not answer, if important or something I want, they leave a message. Goes in cycles, get a few, then it stops, then a while later, a few more.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I downloaded the "you have reached a number that is disconnected or is no longer in service" recording from youtube.
    it is the authentic recording you get when you call a bad number.

When I see a call like that come up , I run to the lap top and hit play then answer and hold the phone to the speaker.

It only takes once and they stop calling. I have not gotten a car warranty call in a couple of months now.

ZX9RCAM

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    OK, easy solution is just do not answer an unknown number. I do not have a landline, only a cell, but the robo callers still occasionally get thru. The do not call list only works for companies that are legitimate. If a number is not in my address book, I do not answer, if important or something I want, they leave a message. Goes in cycles, get a few, then it stops, then a while later, a few more.

And all the while, the phone rings 4 times before machine picks, multiply this by how ever many times a day they call, & it is ANNOYING.

ZX9RCAM

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I downloaded the "you have reached a number that is disconnected or is no longer in service" recording from youtube.
    it is the authentic recording you get when you call a bad number.

When I see a call like that come up , I run to the lap top and hit play then answer and hold the phone to the speaker.

It only takes once and they stop calling. I have not gotten a car warranty call in a couple of months now.

HA

m

twoguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2014
    Tell them ,I get to ride in a police car tomorrow , then say they , say if I tell them where I hid the bodies , I will get ice cream , if you use your best dumb hick voice , they won't call you again !!! I love cold calls

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    HA!

Nope, number is blocked, but it could still work, just answer any blocked number that way.

But, it could also lead to more phone calls trying to reach her, thinking they dialed a wrong number.

That's even easier. When they dial again, have your pizza guy voice get really annoyed with them. "Look, I told you, this is the line to order a pizza. If you don't want a pizza, DON'T. CALL. THIS. NUMBER!!!" Eventually, it'll get tagged in their system as a bad number.

ZX9RCAM

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    That's even easier. When they dial again, have your pizza guy voice get really annoyed with them. "Look, I told you, this is the line to order a pizza. If you don't want a pizza, DON'T. CALL. THIS. NUMBER!!!" Eventually, it'll get tagged in their system as a bad number.

I could pull that off, but my GF is the one answering their calls, I have only been home 1 time when they called.

Top Bottom