Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Tell them ,I get to ride in a police car tomorrow , then say they , say if I tell them where I hid the bodies , I will get ice cream , if you use your best dumb hick voice , they won't call you again !!!
    When we lived in Mobile, Alabama, my dad would occasionally answer the phone "Bryce Hospital. Dr. Chisholm speaking." using his best mad doctor/evil archvillain voice. Bryce Hospital was the state mental institution in Mobile.

Oddly enough, people tended to hang right up. :)
    Hurley's Gold

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    When we moved here 5 years ago and got our new phone number, we were plagued by phone calls from debt collectors looking for the previous owner of the number. I mean, 3,4,5 calls a day from different numbers. In addition, there was the usual Charity Donate, Children's Cancer, Fraternal Order of Police, Security systems, walk-in tubs, and on and on. We are on the National and State Do Not Call list. Makes no difference.

Not answering the phone, or asking to be removed from their call list does not work.

Three years ago, I bought one of these: Call Blocker - Call Block Any Phone Number with Digitone's Call Blocker

It has been well worth it. You can block entire area codes or individual numbers. Any number you block, your phone doesn't ring and the caller just hears one ring, and then dead air. The display will show the attempted call. Then you can go to Phone Number Comments and usually find out who is actually calling and what kind of scam it is.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    When we moved here 5 years ago and got our new phone number, we were plagued by phone calls from debt collectors looking for the previous owner of the number. I mean, 3,4,5 calls a day from different numbers. In addition, there was the usual Charity Donate, Children's Cancer, Fraternal Order of Police, Security systems, walk-in tubs, and on and on. We are on the National and State Do Not Call list. Makes no difference.

Not answering the phone, or asking to be removed from their call list does not work.

Three years ago, I bought one of these: Call Blocker - Call Block Any Phone Number with Digitone's Call Blocker

It has been well worth it. You can block entire area codes or individual numbers. Any number you block, your phone doesn't ring and the caller just hears one ring, and then dead air. The display will show the attempted call. Then you can go to Phone Number Comments and usually find out who is actually calling and what kind of scam it is.

Very interesting, looking in to it, thanks.....

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    If it is on a cell phone buy the mobile Kaspersky software ($10) and use it to block their number(s)

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Do either of you speak another language? Because that could be a way to discourage these calls. Especially if it's something they just won't have someone on hand to translate. Like Finnish, or Japanese, or Latin...or Klingon.

Top Bottom