• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    They show out of stock on the Large Pistol.

I ordered dies and the conversion pieces for .45 --> 9mm on my Dillon so I'll be good until the others show up.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    $133 ... not in that big of a hurry, LOL. I have 2000 pistol primers, that'll last me a while, and I can always trade off some of my rifle primers.

Thanks for looking out.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    650XL with all the conversion pieces and dies necessary for 9mm and .45

I'll pick up some .40 / 10mm dies later, and probably get into a .38 SPL / .357 Magnum down the road.

I'm going to stick to a single stage for precision rifle (RCBS), and load the junk rifle rounds on the Dillon.

I'm going to use my Dillon for a whole series of articles on reloading, and I'm going to host some reloading parties at the house probably.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I'm sure I'm going to love it. I like big, heavy recoiling stuff for fun and it's very little more to reload than say .45 ACP, but it costs $1 / round or more on the shelves.

Case and point is 10mm Auto, .38 Super, etc.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    Don't kid yourself, you don't save any money. You shoot more for the money, and I enjoy reloading. Works, I guess. I don't want to think about the money I've spent on reloading. All the little stuff that they don't tell you about when you first start. Like how addictive it is.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Don't kid yourself, you don't save any money. You shoot more for the money, and I enjoy reloading. Works, I guess. I don't want to think about the money I've spent on reloading. All the little stuff that they don't tell you about when you first start. Like how addictive it is.

I'm not concerned with the cost, so much as spending $20+ box of 50 rounds when I can reload it for $8 a box ... I get 3 times the ammo, practice, and fun. I can make the load as hot or soft as I want, as clean as I want, etc.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Why wait? Put one together! One word of caution, though - WHOEVER does it, be sure you collect up front, with the clear understanding from ALL parties concerned that they get there when they get there - the larger the order, the longer the lead time. And restrict to to a certain size/type - ie, all small pistol, all large pistol, etc. - that way, you place and receive the orders quicker. When you order several sizes at the same time and have 'em hold and ship complete, you can really impact the lead time!
    Also - when you order guys, be prepared to come to the place of the poor schmuck that has to order 'em - and for pete's sake, do SOMETHING nice for him, even if it's nothin' more than some trashy knick-knack or even a burger! Unless you've done a GB, you have NO - ZERO - idea of the crap that he'll have to put up with!
    SO - that being said, I'd suggest we need one in Houston, one in Dallas, an' one in Austin/SA. El Paso an' out west....ah dunno.... You REALLY don't wanna ship these things around, between the hazmat fees and such, it's not fair to ask someone to take that hassle on as well!

Top Bottom