• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Major Kong

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Katy
    Anyone out there on the forum running one of these on their AR?

Thinking of one for the build I will be doing next week. Will be used primarily at 100 yards and under. Might stretch it out to 200-300 occasionally.

Let me know the good, the bad, and the ugly.

https://www.primaryarms.com/Primary-Arms-2-5X-Compact-Scope-PAC2-5X-p/pac2.5x.htm

All of the reviews I have read are positive, and I would like to support a Texas company.

The other one I am considering is the Burris AR 536. I know someone that reps them and can get me a discount off MSRP, so they might be the around the same price.

Thanks for any input you all might be able to provide.

MK

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Might want to clarify that you are talking about a 2.5x scope. For a second I thought they were releasing a 2-5x (never seen anyone make that variable range before) and my interest got piqued.

Back on topic I know nothing about the 2.5x but I do have the 1-4x and it has been one hell of a solid performing scope for me for nearly a year now. Holds zero, glass is good for the price, turrets are very positive and the scope can take some licks and not flinch. Also their extended scope mount is really solid, just as good as a PEPR imo (granted I've never used the PEPR but I've seen nothing this mount is lacking in). I know people have reported similar experiences with many of their other in house scope choices but I have not seen anyone comment on the 2.5x.

Major Kong

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Katy
    Might want to clarify that you are talking about a 2.5x scope. For a second I thought they were releasing a 2-5x (never seen anyone make that variable range before) and my interest got piqued.

Sorry about that. Was copying the description from the link.

Tried editing the title but not possible. At least from Tapatalk.

Might get others to check out the post though!

MK

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas

Back on topic I know nothing about the 2.5x but I do have the 1-4x and it has been one hell of a solid performing scope for me for nearly a year now. Holds zero, glass is good for the price, turrets are very positive and the scope can take some licks and not flinch. Also their extended scope mount is really solid, just as good as a PEPR imo (granted I've never used the PEPR but I've seen nothing this mount is lacking in). I know people have reported similar experiences with many of their other in house scope choices but I have not seen anyone comment on the 2.5x.

How's the eye relief when zoomed? Does it come with the mount? I've never bought primary stuff but it sounds like a decent scope for my 10/22 with BC folder.

BG1960

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Unincorporated East Harris County
    I do not have the product in question but experience with their 1-4x, 1-6x, Micro Dot and several Mini Reflex sights leads me to believe that it will perform well. Cannot say enough good things about their amazingly fast shipping or customer service.

Major Kong

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Katy
    Pulled the trigger on the Primary Arms 2.5x scope. Got it mounted up. Illumination of the reticle is nice and adjustable but not necessary. Glass appears very clear within the confines of my garage.

Hoping to get it out to the range tomorrow, but might be Tuesday before that happens.

Will post report/review after sighting on and several rounds down range.

Sent from an undisclosed location.

Major Kong

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Katy
    Headed out for sight in today. I didn't have a chance to bore sight it, so I just hit the 50 yard range and hoped for the best.

I was on paper with the first round, and got it dialed in after about 9 rounds. It would probably have taken less had I noticed earlier that the hex head screws attaching the optic to the mount were loose.

After getting that issue resolved, and making sure they didn't loosen up again, I was able to put this group of 5 together using 55gr Hornady V-Max:

Overall I am pleased with this optic. Going to give her a go at 100 this week, then hopefully stretch it out further. It has BDC points for 400, 500, and 600 yards, so I am curious to see how it does.

MK

Last edited by a moderator:

Major Kong

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Katy
    what did you mount it on? Good shooting either way Bigun...

On top a .223/5.56 AR semi-build. Put a ALG Defense Advanced Combat Trigger (ACT) in a Runner Runner Texas Lower then used one of their complete uppers with a 16" barrel and a Yankee Hill Machine Quad rail.

Here is a picture with the Burris scope I had borrowed from my brother:

BIGPAPIGREG

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    San Antonio, TEXAS
    looks like a dandy.....I have a couple 3 or 4 PA optics (red dots & micro red dots) & I love em, no issues or problems. Congrats on the total build, looks like you got a good one right there...

Chinookman

Two-burning-Six a-turning
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2013
    Republic of TEXAS near Victoria
    Good looking set up congrats........

Have a question to pic ur nogging.....just took possession of a LE6920 FDE Colt....love the feel and ergonomics and had a flashback to 1971. Love the two separate peep sites. Which leads to my question of using the 2.5 scope and the included mount. Will it allow use of the rear iron sight? Or will I have to order a high mount to clear it?

It's been tough getting ready to retire but am getting my toys ready for that day.

Thanks for your insight and enjoy the fruits of your labor...:cool::cool::banana:

C-man ...

Major Kong

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Katy
    Good looking set up congrats........

Have a question to pic ur nogging.....just took possession of a LE6920 FDE Colt....love the feel and ergonomics and had a flashback to 1971. Love the two separate peep sites. Which leads to my question of using the 2.5 scope and the included mount. Will it allow use of the rear iron sight? Or will I have to order a high mount to clear it?

It's been tough getting ready to retire but am getting my toys ready for that day.

Thanks for your insight and enjoy the fruits of your labor...:cool::cool::banana:

C-man ...

I believe you will need high mounts. I don't see how iron sights would clear it.

Major Kong

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Katy
    I wanna see that PA scope on your rifle!

Here are some crappy cell pics I just took:

I will get some better ones tomorrow in the daylight and post them, but you get the idea.

After taking the pics, I also moved the scope forward on the receiver some. I realized it was too far back for the nose to charging handle shooting position.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    It seems like it's sitting a little ways back for my comfort, but hey-if it works for you that's all that matters! A few days ago, I contacted Marsh asking if they had any plans on putting out a budget ACOG. This is the exact scope he pointed me to and said it's perfect for AR use.

Major Kong

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Katy
    Shot this 5 round group just now at 50 yards with Hornady 55gr V-Max:

Stretched it out to 100 and groups opened up and were higher. They were still acceptable if it was someone/something threatening me and I needed to take it out at 100 yards. I will get pics up later of those, along with some better pics of the rifle.

Top Bottom