• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    Too bad Ron Paul's foreign policy is as bad as Obama's.

hehe i meant you TD ...

Specifically, Ron Paul's foreign policy is too simplistic, too isolationistic. Reminds me of the kind of stuff we discussed in a 7th Grade history class.

Ron Paul's foreign policy is the same as Thomas Jefferson's foreign policy. TD, if you think Tomas's foreign policy sucked, then Ron Paul's will too. It is basically free trad with all, stay out of other peoples business, and no entangling alliances. Pretty sound in my opinion.

There needs to be a more rational, balanced foreign policy IMO. First and foremost, radically reduce our participation in NATO: remove most of our troops and close our bases, but remain in the organization politically. I would also cultivate better ties with the new Eastern Bloc countries now in NATO who are fully supportive of U.S. interests (ie., Poland, Romania, Czech Republic) and negotiate 100-year leases on new bases to be used as hubs for basing/moving our military forces to that part of the globe as needed.

We need free trade without all these damn stupid tariffs that hurt our businesses. We need to maintain our sea lines of communication much better than we're doing since 95% of our trade/world trade moves by sea, and to that end follow Jefferson's example and eliminate the piracy threat in the Red Sea area with merciless determination, screw this capture and lawyer them to death shit.

We need to support our long-term allies, most especially our most loyal English-originating countries (England, Australia, New Zealand). We need to keep our noses out of Africa, period! And, finally, we need to follow the Constitution word-for-word when it comes to prosecuting military actions, so that we don't end up with the political and military quagmires that are complicated and perpetuated by finger-pointing all across Washington, D.C.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    I agree that you have to have a strong Navy for free trade to exist, but there's SO much we can wind down. I don't think anyone's advocating that we have no military presence outside the US, just that it's significantly reduced, and that when we go to war we declare it.

Rum Runner

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Plano
    Well after listening to the debate, I was disappointed in Pawlente and Santorum. I was impressed by Ron Paul and Herman Cain. Johnson was strange. He got asked less questions (and made a huff about it), however hes was kind of befuddled and boring. He was the only one who had no commanding presence. Its hard to lead when you cant inspire.

Rum Runner

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Plano
    Specifically, Ron Paul's foreign policy is too simplistic, too isolationistic. Reminds me of the kind of stuff we discussed in a 7th Grade history class.

Why does it have to be more complicated? I get the idea of the rest of you post, but for instance why go with "negotiate 100-year leases on new bases to be used as hubs for basing/moving our military forces to that part of the globe as needed." instead of using their bases if and when they need our help. Or why can't we just go park a carrier off the coast of Poland when/if needed? Why spend money on bases there?

Shooterman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2010
    SE Texas

There needs to be a more rational, balanced foreign policy IMO. First and foremost, radically reduce our participation in NATO: remove most of our troops and close our bases, but remain in the organization politically. I would also cultivate better ties with the new Eastern Bloc countries now in NATO who are fully supportive of U.S. interests (ie., Poland, Romania, Czech Republic) and negotiate 100-year leases on new bases to be used as hubs for basing/moving our military forces to that part of the globe as needed.

We need free trade without all these damn stupid tariffs that hurt our businesses. We need to maintain our sea lines of communication much better than we're doing since 95% of our trade/world trade moves by sea, and to that end follow Jefferson's example and eliminate the piracy threat in the Red Sea area with merciless determination, screw this capture and lawyer them to death shit.

We need to support our long-term allies, most especially our most loyal English-originating countries (England, Australia, New Zealand). We need to keep our noses out of Africa, period! And, finally, we need to follow the Constitution word-for-word when it comes to prosecuting military actions, so that we don't end up with the political and military quagmires that are complicated and perpetuated by finger-pointing all across Washington, D.C.

Sounds like a Ron Paul supporter.

TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    I agree that you have to have a strong Navy for free trade to exist, but there's SO much we can wind down. I don't think anyone's advocating that we have no military presence outside the US, just that it's significantly reduced, and that when we go to war we declare it.

In a perfect world there needs to be a complete realignment of the U.S. military's structure, but with politics so deeply embedded in it all you'll never see most of it happen. What would I like? Continue on the path to expand both Special Forces and the Marines (as friends and service colleagues heard me preaching about 20 years ago). Relegate the Air Force to tanking, transport, and special missions (ie., ELINT, MASINT, etc.), and transfer all it's tactical aircraft to the Navy, Marines, or Army as missions require. Increase the number of aircraft carriers to at least 15 to maintain 5 at sea at any given time. And continue to militarize space, it needs to be better defended in the present and it is the battlefield of the future. Just a few points off the top of my head.

Why does it have to be more complicated? I get the idea of the rest of you post, but for instance why go with "negotiate 100-year leases on new bases to be used as hubs for basing/moving our military forces to that part of the globe as needed." instead of using their bases if and when they need our help. Or why can't we just go park a carrier off the coast of Poland when/if needed? Why spend money on bases there?

Because the infrastructure cannot be created overnight to run a logistics/transport base like Ramstein. Carriers are a partial solution, but they are not a panacea for future conflicts. Besides, now and for the foreseeable future Europe is more necessary to us as a logistics area to other parts of the world, and for rapid logistics needed for combat you must maintain land-based hubs.

Sounds like a Ron Paul supporter.

Probably, yes, only more willing to head overseas to kick ass when necessary, and less willing to impose tariffs.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    actaually Herman Cain did the best out of the bunch IMHO. and would make a GREAT POTUS if given the chance. FINALLY someone gets it, and thats ol Herman!! and as for Ron Paul, I LMAO when he stated "Heroine" should be legal on live t.v.!! ya that will go over well in the next election!! what a NUTJOB!!!!!

you suprise me skeeter. you dont seem liek the type to need a law to tell you not to do heroin. lol.

i guess even you have succumbed to the nannystate mentality.
    aren't you from california?

Wolfwood

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Every time Ron Paul speaks I think of fingernails scraping a chalkboard. Yechhhhhh!!!!!

If Ron Paul is elected president, I will LEAVE the country. You heard it here first.

Actually if he even got the nomination, I would take up drinking again.

thank the lord. if more people thought like this we would have less people on welfare.

Wolfwood

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    I love that people think the Constitution is a "crackpot" document. No one's policies are closer aligned to it than Ron Paul's. If you disagree with his policy at least be honest and concede that there's pieces of the Constitution you don't believe in, or need to be amended...or that you don't know WTF you're talking about because you have done no study on the subject.

I mean, how could it possibly work if people were allowed to make their own decisions on drug use, guns, etc.? Guess what...it's none of your GD business how their life turns out, it's their business!!! 'Cause if you mind your own business then you won't be mindin' mine - Hank Sr.

Ron Paul
    for President!!!!
    Ted Nugent for Vice-President!!!!
    Judge Napolitano for Attorney General!!!!

LOL +100

sorry for the multiple postings but as i read this thread and catch up almost everyone of these things makes me want to respond....

;)

Wolfwood

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Figures, that nimrod. Trump is a punk, a RINO, a poser, an attention whore, and an all around irritating human being. Did I miss anything?

not sure if this is covered under RINO, but also a heavy monetary supporter of the left.

Wolfwood

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    and have fun with cain in that case.

jsut what the country needs, a pizza shop owner.

america doesnt need extra mushrooms, she needs a man with love for the constitution.

Top Bottom