• ...and so much more!
  • vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I will do a walk around.
    It's quite the filthiest vehicle I've had to prep..it seems as someone drove it for 100 miles on a wet caliche road..White powder and rock is in every crevice..I've brushed and vacuumed every inch with the seats out..found cig butts, tree bark and what I think was half a water bottle of piss behind the rear seat..damn..
    But I intend to get it clean..I'm patching up some 1/8th inch dril holes on the tunnel..
    I really hope to finish sanding and tape off and spray it Saturday

Then put it back together Sunday

I'll post pics!

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    What’s with the 02/28 registration? How did you get that?
    I know people....lol

And it's the law. Former Military Vehicles can be registered in Texas as a class and you get 5 year renewals and running license plates are optional..or you can display the Military SN in 2" letters on the rear. You can see that number on the video.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Plans For the paint scheme ?
    Anyone remember "Daktari"?
    Nice zebra pattern?
    I had paint matched to the original 686 CARC desert tan but it is a matte finish not the ultra flat.
    Just going back with that as I want it to appear as it did after ot came out of refurbishment in 2006

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I had paint matched to the original 686 CARC desert tan but it is a matte finish not the ultra flat.
    Just going back with that as I want it to appear as it did after ot came out of refurbishment in 2006
    I hope for your sake it's cleanable. I went with flat Behr Marque on my truck and even a pressure washer won't get the dirt off it. Great paint but it holds everything.

If anyone knows of a good sealer that won't shine it up let me know.

My new paint is the step above flat and I hope it's smooth enough to clean but haven't had time to start prepping it yet.

I rolled it on the first time but spraying it next time.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I hope for your sake it's cleanable. I went with flat Behr Marque on my truck and even a pressure washer won't get the dirt off it. Great paint but it holds everything.

If anyone knows of a good sealer that won't shine it up let me know.

My new paint is the step above flat and I hope it's smooth enough to clean but haven't had time to start prepping it yet.

I rolled it on the first time but spraying it next time.
    Yeah..I've noticed in the inside the paint is rough and hard to clean..but the outside is smooth and I've only has go over it with a green scotch Brite to lift off the top oxidized layer

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    It's amazing what one dumass with a $60 harbor freight paint gun and $300 in paint and supplies can do on his own

I shot it this morning..wanted to yesterday but this past 10 days has been a blur with the frac rig, getting in that hail storm and just life.

I'm tired..but this is done and I can start unmasking about dinner and begin reinstalling everything.

I super excited to see it put back together

20230430_095250.jpg

20230430_103126.jpg

20230430_110031.jpg

20230430_110006.jpg

Top Bottom