• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Sorry, but you're way off. I saw boxes of 333 rounds of Federal Target at SAXET for $40 last weekend, Winchester 555 was running about the same. If anything, prices will be even lower at the Premier show because of the increased number of vendors...

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Max,

Federal does not sell boxes of 333. Winchester does. I've tracked .22 prices on Gun Broker for the last year, and gun show vendors rarely sell for less than what is listed on GB. I've made offers on .22LR, and the first thing they do is consult GB on their tablets, smart phones, or lap tops.

I know you are a 7.62x39 guy. What are you paying for that round now?

I paid $2.99/20 all week long at Academy five years ago (and that was cheaper than gun show prices).

Cheerios!

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    OK, it's 325 rounds. Excuse me for being off by 8 rounds.

As for 7.62x39, I have enough stock to last me for quite a while, thanks for asking. I also cleared out a lot of it when Academy sold it cheap, but I shoot it a lot so that didn't last me too long. I have other sources and I'm good with what I have.

But this isn't an ammo thread, it's for a gun show. If you don't want to go, that's great; but there's no reason to try to prove to anyone your reasons for not wanting to do so as the vast majority of people who do go end up having a great time and enjoy themselves. Why you continually try to talk people out of it is beyond me. We get it, you don't like gun shows. Can we move on now?

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    For everyone who is interested in going, here is your friendly reminder that the show (and the breakfast beforehand) is this coming Saturday. I've had a lot of people say they will probably go, the more the merrier!

The vast majority of us have a great time, it's always fun to get people from this forum together, and we are always treated exceptionally well by the wonderful folks at Premier. They go out of their way to extend a warm welcome to the members of Texas Gun Talk, and I think we need to let them know how much we appreciate that!

Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Washington MI (glorious in summer)
    will be looking for a dealio on a p938 or something similar (maybe Karh again) for the MRS, hoping to find a private seller like the one I missed in Mesquite Rodeo but dang that guy's asking price was sky high (he settled for much less)

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    Mike I also have a stainless folder Mini 14 that is a keeper, the one I am selling is a blued with a wood stock. I need the room in my safe so one has to go. I will probably ask about $550 for the rifle plus 4 mags. Its a good rifle just don't need 2.

bodhi

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 28, 2013
    You guys think $50 is fair for Federal Value Pack 550 rounds of 36gr copper plated? or $40 for 500 rounds of Federal Champion 40 grain lead?

Honestly I'm not out to gouge but I don't want to give it away either. I'd also be open to doing trades for 7.62x54R.

See you all in the morning =)

Skip

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    NW San Antonio
    Good breakfast (as usual). Show was also good, free parking and they always take care of us at the door. It really is cool how well they take care of us. I saw alot of good pricing, including the SR1911 for 619.00
    Of course I left with the obligatory 3lb jalapeño/Cheddar Salami, Smoked Pepper Jack, Smoked Cheddar, And a few smaller packs of Jerky. Next month I will be snagging that SR1911

"Character is doing the right thing even when no one is watching"

Last edited:

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Skip, I don't know how you don't weigh 400 lbs! :D

It was a great breakfast and show, and we had a really good time at both (although the tall red-headed kid did slip out and take a nap in the Jeep while I was walking around).

I do have a question for everyone, the really great folks at Premier asked me what they could do to make the show better. While the crowd was good sized, they are trying everything to make it better for all involved. The free parking is just one of their initiatives to attract more people to the show. I can tell you, that wasn't a cheap idea but they did so as they sincerely want to make this the best show in the area (which I think it already is). So, if you have any suggestions or comments, please feel free to share them here or PM me if you'd rather do so privately.

Additionally, I am curious as to whether anyone on here has ever seen or heard any of their advertising for this gun show. I've noticed a few billboards around town since this show started, but they do have a rather substantial marketing effort going on and I would like to provide some feedback to them on how it is doing. If you've seen or heard of any advertising for the Original San Antonio Gun Show, please let me know as well.

Cheers! M2

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    Max when I still lived up there I heard commercials on the radio all the time for both the Premier and the Saxet, iirc it was on both the rock station (105.3?) and the country stations I regularly listened to.

Heinz Bar

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Spring Branch
    My wife took a nap in the car too! I guess I would add more seating somewhere for us old people to rest. Of course I should stay away from guns shows. Somehow a Kimber Ultra Carry II came home with me. Funny thing is it's for the wife. She has good taste….

Found a yellow box of UMC 9mm for $69.75 and a 200 round Blazer Brass box of .45 for $76. Got some Ammo Kan 124gr 9mm for 35c a round too.

Top Bottom