• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dustycorgill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Garland, Texas
    While that's a completely different issue than what I was asking about, I have to agree with you on this one. Now that I re-read what you've written, I realize she's still living with you. While a formal meeting of the sort required when they're underage is no longer a requirement, the guy is still being rude.

If he's not meeting you because she's preventing it (See? I went back and read more carefully.) then he's either not thinking enough to understand the negative impact to his relationship with potential in-laws OR she's already got him whipped.

So the choices seem to be rude, unthinking, or whipped.

All of those can be thrown into the category of "unsuitable for my daughter".

I see why you're peeved.

PS - I have avoided meeting the parents when I was substantially older than them...but that's a whole 'nother kettle of fish. :)

Exactly Ben! It really isn't the age difference, and I honestly don't know why I actually threw that in......but it is the plain fact that I see it as rude and disrespectful that I have not met this guy yet. Regardless of the reason. Maybe it was just the way my daddy taught me to act different, I don't know.
    Lynx Defense

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    When i was dating, she was picked up at the door. And returned safely inside the same door. Period. I still expect the same, so i don't blame you at all.

Sent by a idjit coffeeholic

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    I've got so many thoughts on this, I confuse myself.

2 daughters. Both grown.

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    Two daughters, one son, all over 20 now. The son was easy.
    My girls, the baby is married, the oldest may soon be. Doesn't mean I don't feel your pain, been there done that. But just to forewarn you, it gets no easier.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    I SEE NOTHING!
    I HEAR NOTHING!
    I Ain't gonna say a ff'ing word 'bout nithin'

I was That boy once. If you need to be "cleaning" the shotgun when they get home, I wouldn't blame you.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    My Dad kept a garden near the woods behind our property. Plenty of varmints raided the garden, so we had to go ambush them from time to time. Some guy came to pick up my sister and they were walking past the garage when my father happened to step out with a Remington pump that he was taking to the garden.
    Dad: "Just where are you going?"
    Sister: "On a date"
    Dad: "With HIM??"

I never saw anybody start shaking like that kid. He and I worked together for a while and he told me it was several weeks before he got a full night's sleep after that.

As for me, I am SO happy I didn't have any daughters.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    My daughter is going to be 21 in six months and has never brought me any problems (except for her lip with her mother.) I don't think she even went on a real date through high school. She's 400+ miles away now in college. All I can do now is hope we trained her right.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I don't think she even went on a real date through high school.
    I'm not sure kids go on "real dates" anymore except for special occasions like prom. They seem to lose themselves in the social media du jour and manage to periodically coalesce into location-specific groups where some one-to-one affinities develop...to a greater or lesser extent. But the formal ritual of asking someone for a date seems to be becoming a lost art.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    I'm not sure kids go on "real dates" anymore except for special occasions like prom. They seem to lose themselves in the social media du jour and manage to periodically coalesce into location-specific groups where some one-to-one affinities develop...to a greater or lesser extent. But the formal ritual of asking someone for a date seems to be becoming a lost art.

I think you are exactly right, at least in my experience. She did go to prom, first and only "date" with the guy. She was very social, had a good group of friends of both sexes and they spent most of their weekends at our house - as we had planned.:p I remember sweating bullets asking girls out.

Top Bottom