• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Major Kong

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Katy
    I would like to ask everyone for some prayers to help me get through this difficult day.

I just dropped off my oldest (15) of four daughters off at the theater for her "first date". He is a fellow lifeguard at the pool she is working at this summer.

All of the intelligence I was able to obtain over the last week indicates he is a decent kids and comes from a good family.

However, if he tries to smootch her I may be appealing to any members with a large amount of land to dispose of the body.

Thanks to all.

MK

Sent from an undisclosed location.

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    LOL ... I feel your pain.

<=== owns two daughters
    Mine are now 34 and 32 and I wouldn't trade places with you for any amount of 22LR.

Last edited:

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Two days ago a friend showed me a picture of her 7-year-old granddaughter. I commented "She's beautiful. Wow, in 5 years, her parents are going to have more trouble than they can handle." My friend replied "5 years? You don't know much about kids these days, do you? They get started early." Then she sorta gave me a sad look and shook her head.

With your daughter going on a first date at 15 it sounds to me like you've already done a great job of holding off trouble for years longer than most parents these days.

dustycorgill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Garland, Texas
    I know what you are going through. I have a 20 year old and a 16 year old. The 16 year old has had the same boyfriend for over a year now, and he got the spech and he knows I will inflict great pain and bodily injury if he steps out of line. The 20 year old just started seeing a 24 year old. I have yet to meet him. He has asked to come pick her up and she tells him she will meet him where they are going. She says that I always scare them off. I told her last night, the longer this goes without that boy meeting me face to face, the more irritated I become and the harder it is going to be on him.

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    Ah the memories ... my favorite involved a polished K-Bar hatchet and a Louisville slugger.

Still have the hatchet for use when frogs begin showing up at my grand daughter's door.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    'Father of two grown daughters. Welcome to the club! When they come to the house to pick up one of your daughters for a date, have them leave $20 bill inside on a table near the door. Tell him if he gets her home on time he gets the $20 back, if not, you get to keep it. Works every time! :laughing:

Major Kong

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Katy
    'Father of two grown daughters. Welcome to the club! When they come to the house to pick up one of your daughters for a date, have them leave $20 bill inside on a table near the door. Tell him if he gets her home on time he gets the $20 back, if not, you get to keep it. Works every time! :laughing:

Awesome idea! Thanks!

Also a big thanks for all the support and comments from everyone.

Sent from an undisclosed location.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    The 20 year old just started seeing a 24 year old.
    Just curious - why is this worthy of comment? They're essentially the same age.

Note of explanation in case people want to give me that "You just don't get it" speech - I may have an odd perspective on this since the most insanely devoted, in love, happily married, embarrassingly smoochy couple I ever knew were my parents. When they met, he was 30, she was 15, and according to her she set her sights on him the second she saw him. According to my maternal grandmother, my mom came home the first day after she saw my future dad and told her family "I saw the man I'm going to marry today" even though she had no idea who he was.

So 4 years age difference, to me, isn't worthy of sufficient notice to expend the calories to type the sentence.

Do others view this differently?

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    A dad never stops worrying, regardless of age. Especially with daughters. Age depends on the people, circumstances, actions and intentions .

Sent by a idjit coffeeholic

dustycorgill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Garland, Texas
    Just curious - why is this worthy of comment? They're essentially the same age.

Note of explanation in case people want to give me that "You just don't get it" speech - I may have an odd perspective on this since the most insanely devoted, in love, happily married, embarrassingly smoochy couple I ever knew were my parents. When they met, he was 30, she was 15, and according to her she set her sights on him the second she saw him. According to my maternal grandmother, my mom came home the first day after she saw my future dad and told her family "I saw the man I'm going to marry today" even though she had no idea who he was.

So 4 years age difference, to me, isn't worthy of sufficient notice to expend the calories to type the sentence.

Do others view this differently?

I guess it just bugs me because the boy hasn't come to my door to meet me yet. Call it what you want, that is still my baby girl. Maybe the age difference isn't a big deal, but face it......back in the days you are speaking of things were a lot different.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I guess it just bugs me because the boy hasn't come to my door to meet me yet.
    While that's a completely different issue than what I was asking about, I have to agree with you on this one. Now that I re-read what you've written, I realize she's still living with you. While a formal meeting of the sort required when they're underage is no longer a requirement, the guy is still being rude.

If he's not meeting you because she's preventing it (See? I went back and read more carefully.) then he's either not thinking enough to understand the negative impact to his relationship with potential in-laws OR she's already got him whipped.

So the choices seem to be rude, unthinking, or whipped.

All of those can be thrown into the category of "unsuitable for my daughter".

I see why you're peeved.

PS - I have avoided meeting the parents when I was substantially older than them...but that's a whole 'nother kettle of fish. :)

Top Bottom