• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    That's why the German Panzerfaust was so influential on the battlefield in WWII, and then we scrambled to field something similar in the Bazooka.

Panzerschreck was the German "bazooka" ... the Panzerfaust was an RPG essentially. The Brits used the PIAT, which is kinda similar to the Panzerfaust, but was reloadable.
    Texas SOT

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Panzerfaust is a weapon I'd rather not have to use. Max range was only like 90 yards. It didn't have a rocket motor, just a small black powder charge to propel the shell.

TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    Panzerfaust is a weapon I'd rather not have to use. Max range was only like 90 yards. It didn't have a rocket motor, just a small black powder charge to propel the shell.

What was the name of that British anti-tank weapon that launched the projectile with a spring? I mean, WTF brain surgeon came up with that propulsion system?....

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    The 25mm bushmaster chaingun is badass, aside from a modern tank, between the chaingun and the 2 TOW2B's it can hold its own.

IIRC, the new 30mm version is the same caliber as the GAU-8 that the A10 is mounted to.

What was the name of that British anti-tank weapon that launched the projectile with a spring? I mean, WTF brain surgeon came up with that propulsion system?....

That would be the PIAT (Projector, Infantry, Anti Tank) that TX1911 mentioned.

One good thing about a spring? They're going to have a lot harder time telling where the shot came from. Think about the black powder propelling charge you just used in that Panzerfaust for a second. Mega smoke stick anybody?

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    IIRC, the new 30mm version is the same caliber as the GAU-8 that the A10 is mounted to.
    If they changed it that would be crappy since the 25mm was a helluva weapons system. I didnt see anything about it being upgraded but who knows.

Top Bottom