• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

#1gunner

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2012
    Dallas
    Anyone see the cell phone footage of the Arlington LEO bodyslamming a 15 year old girl at a high school outing in front of hundreds of people. I respect the job 100% but its saddening everytime I see something like this. I couldnt even see this being correct use of force if the child was assulting the LEO. Because she was small she was body slammed. Larger person would have not been slammed. Nothing good can come out of this.

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2012/08/09/video-sparks-use-of-force-review-by-arlington-police/
    Venture Surplus ad

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Excerpts taken of the ending of a confrontation w/an LEO....really?

Many otherwise legit take-downs would look like this if all you saw was the last seconds. Sorry - until it's shown in context, I ain't gettin' worked up about it.

Radarscratch

I void warranties.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Westminster
    Later in the report it was stated that the girl was "unharmed" and not pressing any charges or complaints. I agree with TexasRedneck, until it's shown in context, then I'll reserve my full thoughts. I will add this, I was taught growing up that if a police office tells you to stop, you stopped.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    More than likely "not pressing charges" because there were none to press, and instead, if the full truth were known, she was being cut some slack and charges being dropped.

99% of the time, a cop is NOT going to body slam someone for grins - it goes against their training, despite what some here might want us to think/believe. Can they get out of hand? Sure - and when I can see a recording or hear testimony under oath, then I'm more than willing to deal w/it and demand justice.

But when you see the final seconds of an encounter, most of the time it's out of context - intentionally.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Later in the report it was stated that the girl was "unharmed" and not pressing any charges or complaints. I agree with TexasRedneck, until it's shown in context, then I'll reserve my full thoughts. I will add this, I was taught growing up that if a police office tells you to stop, you stopped.

The girl in the video also learned this lesson recently, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Because of the author of this thread, I knew it would be a complaint about cops. You have no context, but have already convicted the cop. We get it, you do not like cops.

Its getting old, dude.

I nearly choked out a 15 year old last year who decided to aggressively put his hands on me, and I am not a cop. Put your hands on a cop get slammed.

#1gunner

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2012
    Dallas
    Because of the author of this thread, I knew it would be a complaint about cops. You have no context, but have already convicted the cop. We get it, you do not like cops.

Its getting old, dude.

I nearly choked out a 15 year old last year who decided to aggressively put his hands on me, and I am not a cop. Put your hands on a cop get slammed.

You sir will defend a LEO when they are completly in the wrong as we seen a week and a half ago. IMO there are more ways to restrain besides body slamming a 15Yo on concrete, if you disagree there may be a stronger issue at hand than just this video clip.

If you read the post I stated what? " I respect the job 100% but its saddening everytime I see something like this." No investigating there, I said it before anything was responded to.

What I dont like is bad cops and people that defend them to the fullest. I am not saying she was not in the wrong but isnt he trained in combating violence. Shes 15 with no weapon and the frame of a 15 year old. If you condone slamming a child for a reason that may even be from her resisting arrest then IMO you are wrong. Would you Body slam your 15 year old for attempting to beat the crap out of you. No you wouldnt. If he cant restrain her without this action then maybe he should rethink his ways of doing things. Its being shown for a reason.

I cant help that you think im against cops, it simply is not true. There probably is a idealization that Rodney King was givin a justified beating also.

Its sad before I posted this I just knew you Sir would say almost the exact comment that you did. Why is that? I know its hard but keep this cordial and remember there is no emotion in written words. No one is upset here as of now I would hope. We need to communicate without taking things personal.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I'll wait to see the whole scenario before I judge. The media and the Internet are notorious for showing us only what they want us to see.

As a teacher, I was physically assaulted 6-7 times- once with a knife and I was smashed in the back of the head with a 2 pound drop cord light. My face was bloodied and I was threatened more times than I could count.

I can't remember very well because I intentionally put my teaching experiences out of my conscious memory. I have nightmares almost every night about the public school teaching and the experiences keep haunting me. I've been away from the public schools for 7 years and it still F's up my head!

When I quit teaching at the public schools and started working in the prison system, I was MUCH safer surrounded by 2200 convicted felons!

Flash

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    What I dont like is bad cops and people that defend them to the fullest. I am not saying she was not in the wrong but isnt he trained in combating violence. Shes 15 with no weapon and the frame of a 15 year old.

I don't much care her age - IF a cop has given her a lawful directive, she should obey. We don't know what predated the event (conveniently). Did she just nut-slam him, slap him, start calling out for others to perform violent acts?

You know NONE of that, yet start off with "corrupt cops". THAT is what sets folks like TI and myself off. Try getting some FACTS first, THEN judging. Kids have been known to seriously injure/kill adults for many, many years - I do NOT pay LEO's to be ANYONE's punching bag. Period.

And yes - resist arrest, take immediate and forceful action to make 'em comply. Because to do otherwise places not only the officer, but the offender at risk of even greater injury. I don't expect you to understand that, because most don't - but a quick termination to a fight is in the best interest of everyone.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    I'll wait to see the whole scenario before I judge. The media and the Internet are notorious for showing us only what they want us to see.

As a teacher, I was physically assaulted 6-7 times- once with a knife and I was smashed in the back of the head with a 2 pound drop cord light. My face was bloodied and I was threatened more times than I could count.

I can't remember very well because I intentionally put my teaching experiences out of my conscious memory. I have nightmares almost every night about the public school teaching and the experiences keep haunting me. I've been away from the public schools for 7 years and it still F's up my head!

When I quit teaching at the public schools and started working in the prison system, I was MUCH safer surrounded by 2200 convicted felons!

Flash
    Dang man, I cannot even begin to imagine. . . . . . . .

#1gunner

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2012
    Dallas
    I don't much care her age - IF a cop has given her a lawful directive, she should obey. We don't know what predated the event (conveniently). Did she just nut-slam him, slap him, start calling out for others to perform violent acts?

You know NONE of that, yet start off with "corrupt cops". THAT is what sets folks like TI and myself off. Try getting some FACTS first, THEN judging. Kids have been known to seriously injure/kill adults for many, many years - I do NOT pay LEO's to be ANYONE's punching bag. Period.

And yes - resist arrest, take immediate and forceful action to make 'em comply. Because to do otherwise places not only the officer, but the offender at risk of even greater injury. I don't expect you to understand that, because most don't - but a quick termination to a fight is in the best interest of everyone.

Thank Redneck. I understand your position now. Its about how ya word it and you did a good job doing it. We should see what happened before a rush to judgement I still just think there was another way unless she had a weapon, which she may have, we just dont know yet.

THanks bud. Im not a LEO hater I just think some use the power unjustfuly sometimes and some will defend it under almost any circumstance.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    You sir will defend a LEO when they are completly in the wrong as we seen a week and a half ago. IMO there are more ways to restrain besides body slamming a 15Yo on concrete, if you disagree there may be a stronger issue at hand than just this video clip.

If you read the post I stated what? " I respect the job 100% but its saddening everytime I see something like this." No investigating there, I said it before anything was responded to.

What I dont like is bad cops and people that defend them to the fullest. I am not saying she was not in the wrong but isnt he trained in combating violence. Shes 15 with no weapon and the frame of a 15 year old. If you condone slamming a child for a reason that may even be from her resisting arrest then IMO you are wrong. Would you Body slam your 15 year old for attempting to beat the crap out of you. No you wouldnt. If he cant restrain her without this action then maybe he should rethink his ways of doing things. Its being shown for a reason.

I cant help that you think im against cops, it simply is not true. There probably is a idealization that Rodney King was givin a justified beating also.

Its sad before I posted this I just knew you Sir would say almost the exact comment that you did. Why is that? I know its hard but keep this cordial and remember there is no emotion in written words. No one is upset here as of now I would hope. We need to communicate without taking things personal.

You just have a huge chip on your shoulder about cops. You have no idead what it takes to control a resisting person, or how quickly a person can injure or kill you. I do.

Tell you what. Lets get together in a safe enviornment, like a gym or martial arts studio, you play the role of a cop. I will let my 16 year old daughter play the role of a hostile, combative teenager, and you try to restrain her without using what you seem to think of as too much force. She will not be given the same requirement.

Then we can have at least a slightly educated conversation.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    A video they had posted yesterday showed the girl mouthing at the cop and in his face for several minutes and recieving several warnings before he took her down. The video has been shortened here to show only the takedown for obvious effect.

If she's old enough to be at a 'dance club' at 1:15 AM and mouth police who are trying to stop violence (the fights) then she's old enough to be treated like any other perp doing the same.

steve-o

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2011
    Arlington
    This video seems to be short for a reason. I don't think the officer did anything wrong, and many people try to make any leo doing their job look like excessive force and abuse of power. I'm not a leo, but I know that they have an extremely difficult/dangerous job, and don't think they get the respect they deserve.

From the original post of the thread this is what I expected:

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Dang man, I cannot even begin to imagine. . . . . . . .

These were all student assaults and not ONE of the little darlings was charged! Another time, two big Senior males shoved me backwards over the hood of a truck while screaming and threatening me. I came out fighting to get them off of me. I was written up for that and it took me a solid month of grievances to beat that sorry excuse for Administrative support. I did prevail but the Superintendent and I ended up in a shouting match over it.

If I had it to do over again, I would go directly to the town police and file an assault charge in each case. Administrators will NOT do anything.

Back to the OP. I just put the girl's behavior in CONTEXT. The girls can give a righteous cussing (even worse than the boys), with threatening and violent behavior. The girls are nasty fighters! I have personally broken up a hundred fights and the students have NO regard for rules or respect for teachers, LEO's or anyone in authority. Administrators make them that way as they have nothing to fear.

Flash

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    My initial response is to side with the cop always until it is proven that the LEO is wrong. I especially side with the cop when the article is shown by the MSM. They usually just show what they want you to see. Given what I know of the situation my response is "meh". Sounds justified so far. You can slam someone and not hurt them or you can slam someone and kill them, and anything inbetween. Seems like he knew what he was doing and ended the situation.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RafaelQ
    Top Bottom