• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dobarker

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2010
    Sonora
    George Washington Potatoes:
    Ingredients: Red Skin Potatoes, Bacon, Butter, Milk and ranch dressing.
    Directions:
    For better taste, keep skins on potatoes. Cut potatoes into coins ( about 1/4 inch thick ) for boiling ease. Boil potatoes in a pot full of water until soft. proceed to use a fork or masher of your choice and pulverize the potatoes (I prefer mine chunky and use a fork, you can use a blender if you want soupy mashers) add butter (the real stuff) to desired taste, then add milk until just below desired consistency.
    This is where the bacon comes in, fry up a good amount of bacon, break it into pieces and toss it into the mashers, stir it around, then add ranch dressing to taste and stir it around as well.

The result is something that will give you a great tasting side that also works as a meal. For best results serve with smoked meats.

West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    George Washington Potatoes:
    Ingredients: Red Skin Potatoes, Bacon, Butter, Milk and ranch dressing...

You had me at bacon and butter...

You can also try sour cream and/or cream cheese instead of ranch dressing, be sure and soften the cream cheese. Sprinkle your favorite shredded cheese over the top or even blend it in...might try adding green chillis for a different taste.

cowboy45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    mexia texas
    Red potatoes quartered, in a bowl. Coat with olive oil, a little salt and enough minced garlic to drive away vampires and zombies. Place on foil lined sheet pan (throw foil away later), 500 degree oven for about 15-20 minutes(depends on size of chunks). Crispy outside and baked inside, Ranch on the side for dipping.

Damn, I just got really hungry.HAHA Guess whats for dinner?

robin303

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    Austin
    Heck several times a week I peel one tater and grate it and put it in chopped onion and lots of sliced bacon half cooked in a nice cast iron skillet untill brown.

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    I like to add mayonaise to my mashed potatoes. Sounds disgusting but adds so much to the flavor and creaminess. About 2 or 3 three tablespoons added to a large pot of mashed taters does wonders. Of course I always have plenty of garlic, butter and salt mixed in as well. Give it a try, you may find a use for mayo afterall.

cowboy45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    mexia texas
    You had me at bacon and butter...

You can also try sour cream and/or cream cheese instead of ranch dressing, be sure and soften the cream cheese. Sprinkle your favorite shredded cheese over the top or even blend it in...might try adding green chillis for a different taste.

I really like garlic mashies, but try something a freind introduced me to. Use grated horseradish, regular mashies with milk, s&p ,butter, and lots of horseradish. YEAH BABY!

jtriron

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2010
    HoustonTexas
    I like to add mayonaise to my mashed potatoes. Sounds disgusting but adds so much to the flavor and creaminess. About 2 or 3 three tablespoons added to a large pot of mashed taters does wonders. Of course I always have plenty of garlic, butter and salt mixed in as well. Give it a try, you may find a use for mayo afterall.

"Plup Fiction Quote" they dip em in mayonnaise

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Potato Gnocchis
    Potato Gnocchi Recipe : : Food Network

ss1d50_potato_gnocchi_lg.jpg

Top Bottom