Post Master General begs for GVNMNT BAILOUT.....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Somewhere here nor there....
    So the PMG stated if the USPS doesnt get a Bailout from the Taxpayers, they might just have to shut down the whole operation Aug of 2012. I for one say NO BAILOUT and if they've got to close the doors then so be it. UPS, FEDEX etc would be happy to pick up the business since "they" actually run REAL businesses with Real bottom lines!! NOTHING our Gvnmnt runs is efficient or actually runs in the black.....:banghead:
    Texas SOT

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Admittedly, I don't recall my news source. The way I heard it is that USPS does NOT want money, only authorization to drastically restructure the system including no Saturdays, closing many small town POs, changing staff pay/benefits, and the like. In fact they (USPS spokesman) said specifically they did not want money. Just what I heard. I've been pleased with the service for the past several years, despite how little I actually use it. It's people like me using electronic communication methods that are putting them out of business. (Last sentence while joking is true. I can't remember the last time I sent a letter.)

If memory serves, the USPS has always been self funded by its own activities and has never been in the red as a whole.

Not necessarily defending USPS and no, I'm not a staffer.

mikeofcontex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Midlothian, TX
    If you can refute the history provided, I'm listening. I can't see how they can be in the black if they run out of a $15B loan by September... but, what do I know?

Top Bottom