• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bmwmcars

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    Michigan
    With any amount of luck, I will find out this Friday if I am getting a job down in the Austin area. I am looking forward to getting out of the snow belt and down to TX.

That said, I was wondering if anyone here has any good resources or recommendations for housing - preferably houses for lease (ideally 2+ car garage, 3 bedroom, 2 bath place, pet friendly and updated). If the deal comes through I will be looking to move in early August.

Thanks...
    Guns International

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    Can't help you with the housing other than to recommend checking Craig s List for the Austion area.

Austin is a great city and although I like were we live now, I wouldn't have a problem moving there should it be required for some reason. I'm there usually twice a year on business and always enjoy it. Great food, terrific music scene and pretty laid back for a sizable city.

neverenough

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    Austin
    I'm in austin, and I'm NOT a realtor, but willing to help someone out with advice. Do you need a good school district for kids? Also, the prices for leasing can vary greatly on your criteria there based on location. You can get something in roundrock (northern suburb) for half of what you'd pay central or south west (near barton creek country club). You could alternatively go east of downtown and get in a somewhat questionable neighborhood for a bargain too. Send me a # to reach you at and we can discuss this. I hope you can make it to Austin, it's a great city. Just get used to heat and high electric bills if you like to crank the AC :-)

robin303

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    Austin
    My daughter works for a guy that does that. He has houses all over Austin. The only problem I see is houses go pretty quick. It took my two days to find one. There is a lot of Real-estate
    companies on the net here in Austin that will have pictures, locations and ect ect. Here is a place to start: Rental Houses in Austin, Tx - Google Search

kurt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Tyler, Texas
    As mentioned, If you have kids, start your search by school district. Austin schools suck with maybe one exception. The APD website has a cool little feature allowing you to see reported crimes by zip code. I prefer NW and SW of Austin and currently live in Cedar Park.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Search craigslist: austin classifieds for housing stuff. You could also check with a locator, but I've never used such services. If you're going to be working in north Austin, I highly recommend looking in the Round Rock area, or even Pflugerville. The NW areas are pretty nice, too. Stay away from east Austin. Most areas are pretty ghetto, and the parts that aren't are expensive. I can't help you with south Austin. I rarely go down there since that's where most of the loonies are, lol... Oh, welcome to the area!

neverenough

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    Austin
    Oops, didn't realize. Didn't really join for that purpose, figured I could help someone out.

You're going to have to admit that it still looks questionable on why you joined then. You only have two posts, both in this one thread, so your first post was to let this guy know you're a realtor. Not only that, but your 2nd post contradicts itself too which doesn't lend to your credibility much on the surface of things. heh. Welcome though. Hope to see more posts, and not only to fish for clients :-).

balance

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2010
    Austin
    Austin has been home for 25 years (moved here at 12) and I've lived all over town, primarily within a 5 - 10 mile radius of downtown over the last 16 years. Great place to live (near), lots to do, but yeah, the cost of living is a little steep depending on what part of town you're in and how cold you like your A/C. You can get a lot more home the further you get from town, but there are a lot of homes on the market for sale, including my own, and for lease so you shouldn't have trouble finding something in whatever area you decide to live in.

boredelmo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    ATX
    Meh, I'm a member of TFL, THR, TXcfhforum, and use texasguntrader a lot... it would be kind of weird for a Realtor to join a firearms board just to catch one client that MIGHT want to rent a house. Any Realtor know that house renting pays the least.

Either way, I just haven't had much to say about anything else...

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Meh, I'm a member of TFL, THR, TXcfhforum, and use texasguntrader a lot... it would be kind of weird for a Realtor to join a firearms board just to catch one client that MIGHT want to rent a house. Any Realtor know that house renting pays the least.

Either way, I just haven't had much to say about anything else...

well, welcome anyway. add your 2 cents to some threads so we get to know ya.....

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    im glad youre happy there. but, any city run by LIBTERDS is a bad city. and it just so happens "YOU" make that a nice place to live!!

Actually, from a broad sense, the hippies in Austin have made Austin eclectic and fun, while larger cities have become nothing more than endless strip malls. That is the ever growing attraction to the city. However, the attraction tends to invite alot of stuck up California types, which I would just assume send back. The old hippies that are here generally aren't too bad to deal with ... it's the new entitled kids my age that you want to pack up and mail to France.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Actually, from a broad sense, the hippies in Austin have made Austin eclectic and fun, while larger cities have become nothing more than endless strip malls. That is the ever growing attraction to the city. However, the attraction tends to invite alot of stuck up California types, which I would just assume send back. The old hippies that are here generally aren't too bad to deal with ... it's the new entitled kids my age that you want to pack up and mail to France.
    Amen brother. I like Austin. I had dinner a couple nights this week on S. Congress...its a neat part of town. Old hippies sometimes have a little wisdom. the Gen X idiots I have no use for.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Amen brother. I like Austin. I had dinner a couple nights this week on S. Congress...its a neat part of town. Old hippies sometimes have a little wisdom. the Gen X idiots I have no use for.

Yep, it's funny ... alot of the kids have great entrepreneurial drive, which is something I like to see, but the vast majority of them are just sitting around waiting for a handout, presumably from their parents or the government.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RafaelQ
    Top Bottom