• ...and so much more!
  • Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    I was just trying to be nice.

To me, it isn't a question of being nice or being rude. As a member of the United States military I understand that there are men who came before me who have given their lives to ensure that I speak English rather than German or a number of other languages. It's the least I can do to not piss on their graves by sounding like I speak it as a second language. Other people like to say they are veterans (frequently) and yet their command of the language is an eyesore to look upon. Anything worth doing is worth doing well, I just wish that other people had the same mentality that I do.
    Capitol Armory ad

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Somewhere here nor there....
    To me, it isn't a question of being nice or being rude. As a member of the United States military I understand that there are men who came before me who have given their lives to ensure that I speak English rather than German or a number of other languages.
    some of us do think the same way as you regarding the english language and respect for it and how it was fought for!! i myself do my best as far as typing and correct grammar and im not by far an English scholar. and as far as swearing, when you work around it EVERYDAY with EVERYONE whom uses it, its tough to curb it but i try!! well obviously except when i speak of politics cause i get passionate about them. but the true problem to your statement is ALL THE OTHER CULTURE SYMPATHISERS!! there are waaaaaaaaaay tooooooo many people in the U.S. that run around making excuses for many people who come here and have no desire to even learn our language. ive said it before and ill say it again, if you decided to move to Japan and open up a busniess AND NOT LEARN THEIR LANGUAGE, you'd go out of business fast as to THEY WILL NOT STAND FOR THE DISRESPECT ON THEIR SOIL!! i just wish more americans would stand up for the same respect here!! but we live in a society of apologists in our times. Heck we've even got a president running around all over Europe apologizing for America when we were the ones who DIED LIBERATING SAID COUNTRIES!! JUST SAD!!

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I know those "F" type words and use them at the right time and place so I'm no prude. That being said, I think you should rethink your signature line and some of the text.

OK...here's why. People own these forums and when I post, it's like coming to their home. I try to be a good guest but sometimes I screw up and get riled up about something. The fact remains that I visit here for FREE and they allow me to participate in discussions about things I care about with great folks that I've learned to like a lot. It's their forum, it's their money paying for it and they have the right to set the rules and standards of conduct. If they get TOO oppressive, I resign and head down the Internet trail.

This forum is just the right blend of being allowed to speak frankly but not letting it get too nasty. I like it a lot. I belonged to a 1911 forum and got so frustrated over their point system and oppressive rules, that I bailed out.

So how about a bit of advice from an old fart who has been around a lot? Throttle back and lighten up. Then enjoy the benefits of being a member and appreciate the hard work and money that it takes to run a forum.

I know that your beef isn't with THIS forum but the same situation applies in whatever forum you join.

Flash

djspump2003

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2008
    Austin
    the irony is guys like skeeter think you are thin-skinned if you turn away as he jerks off a horse in front of you. Any form of moderation to people like that means you are a prude! I live in Austin, so am familiar with guys like you - wearing your assless chaps and nipple rings as you write your meaningless rebuttals...

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    the irony is guys like skeeter think you are thin-skinned if you turn away as he jerks off a horse in front of you. Any form of moderation to people like that means you are a prude! I live in Austin, so am familiar with guys like you - wearing your assless chaps and nipple rings as you write your meaningless rebuttals...

:eek:

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    see this is the misconception some of you are reading into my comments. first off this is a political forum in a computer and im not standing in your living room verbally swearing in front of any of your wives or kids

Nobody has said you were standing in their living room. We're all saying you're standing in the forum owner's living room. Internet forums are private property (unless it's a government-run forum), the same as your living room. How a moderator decides to run a site is up to them, and there are no free speech issues involved, as your right to free speech ends the moment that you're on private property. If a property owner doesn't like what you say, how you act or just the way you look, it's their right to tell you to shut it and/or leave. This applies to internet forums as well as real estate, though it's much easier to kick a belligerent off an internet forum than out of your living room... a lot less bloody, anyway.

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    I know those "F" type words and use them at the right time and place so I'm no prude. That being said, I think you should rethink your signature line and some of the text.

OK...here's why. People own these forums and when I post, it's like coming to their home. I try to be a good guest but sometimes I screw up and get riled up about something. The fact remains that I visit here for FREE and they allow me to participate in discussions about things I care about with great folks that I've learned to like a lot. It's their forum, it's their money paying for it and they have the right to set the rules and standards of conduct. If they get TOO oppressive, I resign and head down the Internet trail.

This forum is just the right blend of being allowed to speak frankly but not letting it get too nasty. I like it a lot. I belonged to a 1911 forum and got so frustrated over their point system and oppressive rules, that I bailed out.

So how about a bit of advice from an old fart who has been around a lot? Throttle back and lighten up. Then enjoy the benefits of being a member and appreciate the hard work and money that it takes to run a forum.

I know that your beef isn't with THIS forum but the same situation applies in whatever forum you join.

Flash
    advice taken and applied!!

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    well thats what debating any topic is for Roger and you had a special way of saying it. and i for one learn something new everyday!!;) that i dont need to force my foul mouth upon others. but by the same token, the sig line whining does baffel me though. again, people can adore and praise their guns that were made and designed to kill the human being, but one little F- word offends them?? killing is ok and bad words are not. just sayin... and before all the "we have the right to protect ourselves" chime in, its still killing another human for whatever the reason!!

indpendnt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    DFW
    And Look! He changed his sig line too!
    Welcome to civillization skeeter! We have discovered fire, butter kives and all kinds of useful untensiles. Electricity and running water are 'da bomb'!.
    You'll be much happier here.
    But I do have to disagree with you in one regard. Guns are not only "designed and made to kill human beings".
    Many are designed for hunting animals for food. There's also zombies, robbots, even the occational warewolf providing you have the proper amunition...

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    But I do have to disagree with you in one regard. Guns are not only "designed and made to kill human beings".
    as we both know yes guns are designed for all kinds of things. the guns i was refering to are the 1911's, uzi's, machineguns etc. and most everyone here owns a gun designed to kill people specifically. heck damn near every pistol or semi-auto handgun made to date was originally designed specifically for 2-legged animals!! and it was suggested by a mod i change the sig. so i did, i dont want to piss off a mod. but members, thats debatable. ;) :patriot:

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    As a retired teacher, I'm accustomed to being around people who get their little feelings hurt. I was getting yelled at by a teacher in front of several hundred students. I tried to figure out what his deal was but he couldn't get it straight. He just kept griping at me. Finally, I told him to shut the H--- up! He wouldn't speak to me for seven years after that! There's not a molecule in my body that cares what those tight butt Knotheads think. Watching what I write isn't about that. To me, it makes sense to be a good guest when I visit someone else's place. That's just good manners.

Like I said, you get big points in my book. I'll side with you anytime.

Regarding the purpose of guns......In my garage, I have more tools than any sane Human Being ought to have. Every last one of them can be used for a legal, positive and socially acceptable purpose. Every last one of those tools can be misused by a determined assailant to hurt a fellow Human Being. Guns are tools and the same rule of thumb applies to our firearms.

Flash

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    NO, THANK YOU Flash for the support and advice. i may be a little abrasive at times, but no matter what someone typed on this site it couldnt offend me one bit cause they dont know me personally!! and i'd NEVER request someone to do something they didnt want to do. it truely amazes me how many people are out there trying to change other people's ways!! i just dont get it. you'd think some would stop crying about the most trival things in life and just worry about themselves and not so much others. but this is the society we live in and its a shame. heck, most of us here were spanked as kids!! and to do it in public anymore, you damn near get the cops called on ya!! but i do it anyways, cause in the end they are my kids and my responsibilty!! thanks again Rogey Dodgey!!

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Since this thread is about "Political Correctness", I'll chime in on the spanking issue.

My Mom had a unique way of punishing me. She held me over a lit gas stove, held my hand over the fire and burned me. Of course, it scared H--- out of me as well as causing pain. That worked for a long time until I got bigger and she couldn't lift me to the stove. Later, Mom had some really unique ways to cause pain. One of them was shown on a movie called "Sybil" and I commented as I saw it "That happened to me all the time." Humiliation, terror, pain, vile and horrible names, profanity were all part of her process.

Dad would grab me by the throat, raise me off my feet and pin me against the wall while screaming obscenities at me. The beatings that followed were just a small part of the experience. He also took a rope and tied me up in my bed and sometimes pounced on me when I was sleeping to punish me.

There was a LOT more but I think you get the idea about the horror and abuse that went on in my home. I left home at 17 and never returned.

After all that, I believe in spanking a young child as a punishment and see the lack of that as a major factor in why our school systems suck.
    I am qualified to assess spanking as a punishment. Here are my rules for spanking:
    Use open hand and on the butt only......never in the face.
    Speak kind and loving words while spanking and make sure they know WHY they are being punished.
    If you are angry and cannot speak lovingly of the child, then punishment should not be administered then.
    End it with an "I love you" and a hug.

Whupping a kids butt while acting as I wrote above is spanking and OK.
    Whupping a kids butt while calling him every vile name in the English language is CHILD ABUSE!

There was a positive outcome: I would not back up. After many years of standing my ground to fight, I got a job in a prison and saw many Offenders who were locked up for the same behaviors I exhibited. I knew I had to change. You just couldn't scare me......In short, I had been to Hell and you probably couldn't do anything to me that hadn't been done before. Mom & Dad made me tough!

FLASH

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Damn Flash, thats good to hear and not so good to hear.;) and yes i totally agree on the lack of spanking has and will continue to ruin these kids. good lord, these kids of today calling 911 on their parents???? they learn this liberal B.S. in the schools!! and then teachers wonder why they cant get control of their classrooms????:banghead: i tell you, A- my 2 yr old and 4 yr old boys get spanked and they fear it, and B- if they EVER even think of calling 911 on my wife or me, go right ahead cause after all the commotion goes away theyll be wearing pink shoes, shirts, pants etc to school until they learn their lesson!!

Top Bottom