ARJ Defense ad

Political: Cartoons, Memes, Funny Pictures, etc.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    a02.jpg

Attachments

• a02.jpg
      a02.jpg
      148.2 KB · Views: 616

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I tend to disagree. It wasn't won although Japan was eventually going to lose. My Dad was going to land in Japan on the 6th wave ashore when they invaded. Already had his ticket punched. He was elated when they used it otherwise possibly himself and no telling how many more thousands would have died. Think Guadalcanal or Iwo Jima several thousand times worse.
    Talks of an unconditional surrender had already begun between Japan and the U.S.. Russia had invaded Manchuria. Truman hated Stalin and didn't want Japan thinking they could negotiate a better surrender with Russia. The atom bombs was not only a message to Japan, but also to Russia.

Last edited:

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    I tend to disagree. It wasn't won although Japan was eventually going to lose. My Dad was going to land in Japan on the 6th wave ashore when they invaded. Already had his ticket punched. He was elated when they used it otherwise possibly himself and no telling how many more thousands would have died. Think Guadalcanal or Iwo Jima several thousand times worse.

I had a high school history teacher who was on the planning staff for Operation Coronet, the invasion of mainland Japan. He was a USMC Major.

It was assumed that the landing divisions on D-Day would be down to 10% within D +12 hours.

Mark Hatfield, Senator from Oregon, was on one of the ships that sailed into Tokyo harbor to accept their surrender. One of the conditions was that the Japanese were to cover ALL gun mounts with a white sheet. Hatfield said that there were about 10X more gun emplacements than naval intelligence predicted.

With that in mind it's very possible that the landing on the mainland could have failed.

MacArthur, whose predictions on casualties were eerily accurate, predicted a MILLION US causalities during the invasion of Japan.

The atomic bombs being dropped and forcing Japan into a surrender saved MILLIONS of lives on both sides.

Steven Walker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2017
    Waco, TX
    Same here,
    My Father always told me when I heard that we didn’t need to drop the nukes on Japan to know that he was staging in the Pacific in the Japanese island Invasion. He probably would not have made it and I wouldn’t be here today. He wouldn’t talk about his time in the Pacific only that he was there and did his duty. He always told me that history would be revised and look up details for myself.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    sephiroth0085
    Top Bottom