• ...and so much more!
  • Txmark

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    Mustang Ridge
    POLICE STATE: Man Investigated for Buying Ammunition

Brian Loftus, a commercial fisherman and Oathkeeper, went to a local gun store to purchase a few boxes of ammunition for the range. Later that evening he got a phone call from the State Police. They wanted to talk to him because of his “large purchase amount of ammunition.”Loftus, told the State Police that he had no criminal record and no reason to be suspected of anything. The police responded by telling him that they “know his record was clean”, because they had already pulled it and checked him out prior to the call.
    Venture Surplus ad

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Lets just say I ain't happy about this.
    Cussing a blue streak to be honest.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Who pulled the alarm? Someone said X amount of ammo is suspect and then alerted whomever called him. How did they know the name of the guy? If he used plastic to pay I understand.

Could be a criminal at the store who grifted the phone number and address off an employee or just looked up his name and wanted to see if this guy was home before robbing him.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Yes, let us never pass up an opportunity to get worked up over somehing we know jack about.

You backing the "authorities"?
    I must say I ain't surprised.
    Tell me. What law prevents a man with no criminal record from buying ammunition, regardless of quantity?

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Is the story even true?

Probably not, but some folks don't something as mundane as the truth get in the way of screaming conspiracy!

Oddly enough, I know a lot of people who buy tons of ammo and I've yet to hear any of them getting a phone call from the police...

But that's boring in comparison of a good Big Brother story now, isn't it?!?

Funny thing though, the only websites that are carrying this "story" are all of the same genre. No news, no official reports, no FOIA request; just the same story spewed across every one of them.

And "police state," that's a laugh. I doubt any of the people that make up these stories has ever stepped foot inside a real police state, because if they had they'd know better than to make such a ridiculous accusation!

Top Bottom