Join TexasGunTalk

Police body-cam of Appleton, WI shooting that killed firefighter

Discussion in 'Rants and Raves' started by baboon, Jun 18, 2019.

1. baboon

baboon TGT Addict

deemus and ZX9RCAM like this.
  2. Dad_Roman

Dad_Roman TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Apr 1, 2018
    Teague
    :machine:

ZX9RCAM likes this.
  3. DoubleDuty

DoubleDuty Active Member

Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    Should of checked him when he was unconscious.

Sublime and Southpaw like this.
  4. baboon

baboon TGT Addict

Should have never injected the Narcan! Wonder what it cost per unit + the lose of a firefighter. People in Appleton need to just say no to Narcan!

seeker_two likes this.
  5. oldag

oldag TGT Addict

Feb 19, 2015
    Deleted. Just read the reports.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
  6. FireInTheWire

FireInTheWire Hold me beer and watch this TGT Supporter

Jan 22, 2018
    Big Country
    Sad.

That pos used a woman as a human shield and killed a firefighter. Hang him.

7. CdnPlinkr

CdnPlinkr New Member

May 13, 2019
    Surrounded by Great Lakes
    I've heard opinions to the effect that paramedics should not be checking him for weapons, as that violates his 4A rights... you can bet they'll be checking now. Personally I would have, for responder safety, as you never know when a person revives, what their initial reaction might be. To find a gun is not a big deal, just make it safe and tend to the patient. Worry about the permit or lack of it later

8. toddnjoyce

toddnjoyce TGT Addict

Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Be interesting to see if ‘paramedic safety’ starts to become more of a thing and they refuse treatment until patient is confirmed not to be a threat.

Me personally, those who OD should be left to die.

9. candcallen

candcallen Active Member

Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I'm sure you mean chronic illegal drug abusers who OD should be left to die.

Those who OD is a bit vague. Unless you mean kids who try drugs once or twice or police and first responders who are accidentally exposed or...

How do we tell who fits in this category? Sometimes it's obvious just by appearance but this guy clearly wast a chronic drug abuser in appearance.

We ask our first responders to respond. Not to judge.

Also, there is no 4th ammendment violation from firefighters removing dangerous objects from patients and wont be as long as they are not asked to testify in prosecutions about stuff they find. Even if they were, police are allowd to pat people down for weapons in certain circumstances so this wont be a problem.

In this case I would assume they missed the weapon cause it was in a sneaky peet type case.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2019
  10. BRD@66

BRD@66 TGT Addict

Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    When I was wrecked & flat on my back in the middle of the highway & armed, my 1st communication with the EMT was that she have the hi-po (looking over her shoulder) disarm me.

ZX9RCAM likes this.