• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tondreagmech

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2021
    Fort Worth to
    So I am looking for advice on pocket size pistol. I had a smith body guard for a bit but it was one of the most unreliable pistols I have ever shot. Jammed religiously (not just on me). I had it looked at by two gun smiths and they said they had similar trouble test firing but couldn’t isolate the issue. I know others who love the body guard and have great success with it I just have a bad taste now. So my question is besides the body guard, what small pocket size guns do you guys like (trust).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Texas SOT

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    I have one of the original S&W Bodyguards .380 with laser. Never jammed but trigger pull about 13#. Too big for my pockets. When I go pocket I carry a KelTec p32 and Lehigh Defense ammo. Never failed me.

TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    It sounds to me like you need the reliability of a revolver.
    My choice is seasonal.

During warmer months when less clothing makes it hard to conceal, I'll carry my ADC model 1 45LC/410 or NAA Black Widow 22mag, sometimes Colt Gov't 380. The Black Widow is perfect when I'm just wearing a Speedo, lol.

More clothing during cooler months allows more choices. I'll usually carry my Colt DS-II 38spl, or Kimber Ultra CDP 45acp.

I love my larger handguns but they're just not practical for EDC.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    P938 is my choice.

Jon Payne

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Third Coast
    Seecamp LWS32.
    74325fadc4bbd756f37831b9717378c7.jpg

BillFairbanks

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2017
    Johnson County, TX
    So I am looking for advice on pocket size pistol. I had a smith body guard for a bit but it was one of the most unreliable pistols I have ever shot. Jammed religiously (not just on me). I had it looked at by two gun smiths and they said they had similar trouble test firing but couldn’t isolate the issue. I know others who love the body guard and have great success with it I just have a bad taste now. So my question is besides the body guard, what small pocket size guns do you guys like (trust).

I carry a bodyguard. When I first got it, the mag kept releasing on me. I replaced the mag release myself and since then it’s never jammed

Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas

Kimber Micro 9- I also carry a Kimber ProCovert Carry II for city trips ,so the muscle memory remains the same, both have laser grips and the same nite sights.
    The slide spring tension requires more hand strength than some small women can handle so consider the .380 if that is an issue. (what I am looking for to give to my grand daughter)

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    It depends on the size of your pocket.

I’ve used

a Beretta Tomcat 32

Glock 26

Sig 365