• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • treyw

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2009
    Central TX
    Smith Airlight .38 Spl if I have to carry in my pocket, but more times than not if I need something small and light and easy to conceal, I carry my walther PPK in a IWB holster that I can tuck my shirt into
    Capitol Armory ad

Shriker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2008
    I carry my S&W 342PD with CT grips in an Uncle Mikes....that is as little as I am comfortable going with......38spcl +p is the least effective round I will carry.

SIG-SOG

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2009
    DFW
    I don't mean to make you defensive.

Better one in the pocket than none, I agree. But how do you decide the cumbersomeness and slowness of pocket carry is acceptable for those times? :confused:

I gather there are times that you decide to carry in a fashion faster and more accessable than pocket carry? How do you discern?

Have you been to the range and tried to draw from the pocket and fire, using the types of shorts you throw on when you pocket carry?
    Again, I am not trying to tell you that you are wrong, I just don't want you to end up dead with you hand stuck in your pocket trying to pull that gun out.

If you are confident with your pocket carry skill set, then who am I to argue?

I still like the S&W Chiefs. ;)

txinvestigator, why do you prefer the S&W Chiefs to, say a model 642?

eriadoc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    I carry a S&W 340PD when I pocket carry. I use an Uncle Mike's pocket holster, and I practice drawing and firing out at some private land I frequent.

I recently switched over to a Glock 30 IWB, though.

texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    I had never considered pocket carrying my Colt Mustang as I've read about others doing... But then at the show today at Mesquite I found a guy that makes a whole line of amazing holsters and one of them was a back pocket holster for my mustang that was covered in a layer of that nonslip stuff like you have in your cabinets for glasses etc... Really genius idea... I can't wait to buy it from him... I bought two other holsters from him today so it'll have to be on another trip to get it...

Maxpower

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Here's their website Holsters, gun holsters, shoulder holsters, concealed carry holsters, handgun shoulder holsters

The lady that helped me could not have been a cuter lol (little ole lady) and was super helpful and super sweet...

I will definitely use them again...

+1 on this company. i bought the Velcro holster and use it in my car. it is attached to the transmission hump below the console, right at seat level. the holster is black as is the carpet. when I exit the car I transfer to my carry holster. I plan another purchase from this Texas company

texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    +1 on this company. i bought the Velcro holster and use it in my car. it is attached to the transmission hump below the console, right at seat level. the holster is black as is the carpet. when I exit the car I transfer to my carry holster. I plan another purchase from this Texas company

Always nice to hear of people supporting their Texas economy...

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    95% front pocket carry with a Keltec P3AT or Ruger LCP.

If it's real hot, or I'll be outside a lot, (5%) fanny pack carry with one of the .380's or a S&W mod 36 or S&W 642. I never use holsters.

Carry small but carry always.

Flash

tex45acp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    South Central Texas
    KelTec PF9 in a Galco Pocket Holster. This gun goes everywhere with me no matter what I am wearing or what other guns I am carrying concealed. I have over 5000 rounds through it without any problems. It's accurate and goes bang with every trigger pull.

PF9_PocketHolster.jpg

KELTEC_PF9.jpg

texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    KelTec PF9 in a Galco Pocket Holster. This gun goes everywhere with me no matter what I am wearing or what other guns I am carrying concealed. I have over 5000 rounds through it without any problems. It's accurate and goes bang with every trigger pull.

PF9_PocketHolster.jpg

KELTEC_PF9.jpg
    How big are your pockets? I've held this gun and there is no way that I think I could conceal it properly and still be able to draw it at a moment's notice...

bikerbill

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2008
    Lago Vista
    I pocket carry whenever I'm wearing shorts, which is about 8 months of the year. My primary in that case is a Kahr PM9, which I use with a DeSantis Nemesis or Mika's in my strong (right)-side pocket; spare magazine in the other pocket. I also carry a S&W 637 in the same place, also in a Nemesis, with a strip-loader in the off pocket. I find that being able to keep my hand on the gun with nobody the wiser is an asset; the main drawback is difficult access when seated (car, restaurant). When it cools off, I have belt holsters for both, but tend to carry a Kimber UCII on my belt if it's cool enough to wear a cover garment (usually a fleece pullover).

riggergreg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2009
    Whitewright
    Built this myself for my little Taurus TCP. Looks like a wallet in my back pocket and draws very easy. Someone wants my wallet, He'll get a surprise.

P10003781.jpg

P10003791.jpg

Top Bottom