Please help support this cause, ATF lies their way into convicting another innocent

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    John Shipley Legal Defense for FBI Special Agent

Please help support this cause. John could be any one of us. Are you an enthusiast? Do you own several guns? Do you sell guns occasionally and buy new ones, rotating your collection? John's case is exactly that, and now the ATF has put this former soldier and FBI agent in jail for simply enjoying his hobby. This sets a very serious and unconstitutional precedence, and it means that any of us could be NEXT. They keep making this stuff up as they go, circumventing the constitution and proper legislative process, and it continues putting more and more honest, good people in jail.

I hope that, with everyone's support, this ruling is appealed and reversed, and that John may see the light of day as soon as possible. Is this how we allow our government to treat us? Is this how we allow our government to treat the men and women that have served us and made sacrifices for us?
    Gun Zone Deals

ChunkyMonkey

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    San Antonio, Tx
    Re: Please help support this cause, ATF lies their way into convicting another innoce

Is this the same one that received a check for 12k for a rifle he was buying for 8k and didn't have in his possession yet?

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Re: Please help support this cause, ATF lies their way into convicting another innoce

While we certainly don't know all of the facts presented to the jury, the parent's example makes it look to ME like he should have been licensed. However, I do not have any of the facts as presented to the jury, I have heard no testimony and I am not really in a position to judge.

Benefit of the doubt goes to the man, but a jury DID hear the evidence. Sad case all around.

ChunkyMonkey

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    San Antonio, Tx

Curious how this ends. I would hope he wouldn't be involved, but that rifle purchase seemed kind of off. But, that's for the other thread. I woulder if he's a part of TMPA or CLEAT equivalent who can help too.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Curious how this ends. I would hope he wouldn't be involved, but that rifle purchase seemed kind of off. But, that's for the other thread. I woulder if he's a part of TMPA or CLEAT equivalent who can help too.

I don't believe TMPA or CLEAT will help you in a non-job related criminal case...I could be wrong.
    Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk

ChunkyMonkey

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    San Antonio, Tx

Yeah, I know they said they would cover you off duty should it be something where you reacted as a result of police instinct/training. Was just curious if he'd try that route since they're also talking about him using his LEO discounts to turn profit.

chubbyzook

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    houston

with the facts ive read i believe he did wrong i will not help his cause because i believe people like him set the bad example that most of us are not following.
    if i was on the jury and saw other evidence convincing me he was wrongly charged then i would retract my previous statement.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio

Yeah, I know they said they would cover you off duty should it be something where you reacted as a result of police instinct/training. Was just curious if he'd try that route since they're also talking about him using his LEO discounts to turn profit.
    If he were performing some type of police related activity (preventing crime, protecting property, protecting 3rd party) he would be covered.

What he was doing wasnt police related. He will be on his own unless the NRA or another organization sees some merit in helping him out.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX

I think people are missing the point. It's easy for things like private sales, purchases, etc to be taken out of context. I'm sure if we all think long and hard about it, and look at the charges being made in cases like this, it's not hard to see how honest mistakes can be made, or simply coincidental things can occur that can be contorted into felony charges when no ill intent was involved. Take me for example. I am never satisfied. I'll buy a gun, and sometimes I'll get bored with it after a month or two, then turn around and sell it. Some years I've gone through dozens of guns. I just like variety. Most of the time I've only ever lost money or broke even, though a few times I have made a little money. If someone really had a bug up their ass, it wouldn't be hard to take situations like that, pick and choose your facts, and spin it into a "history of illegal actions" or some other nonsense.

It is pure bullshit that any of us minding our own business, having no intention of violating the law, and not ever actually violating any laws, should have to be concerned about federal agencies taking our actions out of context and imprisoning us over it. Just think about the possibilities. I don't like to pass judgment without all the facts, even though I've been guilty of that a bit lately, but I'm going to have to give the benefit of the doubt to John Shipley over the ATF. The guy is an Army veteran and former FBI agent, and while that doesn't necessarily mean he can do no wrong, I'd say it's probably a pretty good indicator of the quality of his character. The ATF doesn't exactly have such a good track record, especially considering the last couple decades.

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX

I'm a hoarder I never sell anything. Just go's to show you how the gov can rape you for what ever they want.

Top Bottom