• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • glock1971

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Hays County
    Right to Bear Arms

Our founders clearly understood the Right of The People to bear Arms, not just for hunting, collecting or the need to protect ourselves from savages, but as expressed by Thomas Jefferson, “The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.”
    _____________________________________________________________________________
    Howard Nemerov, Author
    Four Hundred Years of Gun Control: Why Isn’t It Working?
    George Morovich on gun rights

January 28, 2010
    George Morovich is a Republican candidate running for Texas Congressional District 25, currently held by Lloyd Doggett. If you want a Congressman to represent your right to keep and bear arms, this questionnaire will assist you in deciding if a candidate will represent you.
    Lloyd Doggett was endorsed by the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence in 2008, which makes his position on gun rights very clear. The Brady Campaign has shown time and again that their idea of “sensible gun laws” translates into confiscation.
    Brady also considers the states with the most gun control the “best” states in the union, even though these states average higher violent crime and murder rates.
    As Obama says, it’s time for change.
    Venture Surplus ad

rodbender

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Elgin, Texas
    I would rather have any one out of the phone book than Doggett. Let's boot this clown out. I've been looking at Donna Campbell as well. The problem with her is, per her video on curriculum in the schools, sounds as if she wants to keep the feds involved in the education system. Morovich has my vote today.

glock1971

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Hays County
    From Howard Nemerov’s Blog
    http://www.examiner.com/x-2879-Austin-Gun-Rights-Examiner~y2010m2d18-Donna-Campbell-on-gun-rights

8. Do you support or oppose licensing requirements to own or carry firearms?
    Campbell: I oppose any licensing requirements of law abiding citizens, although I am in favor of a national education program to encourage gun owners to learn how to handle a weapon in a safe manor run by a private organization.

Note that she says NATIONAL program. This COULD be a STATE issue, but not likely a National issue... (Per US Constitution)

11. Do you support the right of law-abiding college students to carry for self-protection while on campus?
    Campbell: Most college students have reached the age of 18, and at age 18 a person is considered an adult—they can join the U.S. Armed Forces to protect and defend this country with their lives. I see no reason that they should not be able to protect their lives and those of their fellow classmates. If we learned anything from the Virginia Tech shootings it would be that gun free zones do not work.

While I cannot disagree with her answer in general, she doesn’t seem to realize that HANDGUN possession is currently limited to 21yrs old, not 18. Unless someone is going to “Conceal” a 26” long rifle or shotgun that answer is currently impractical. It indicates to me (as a gun guy) she answered based on what we wanted to hear, not based on a thorough knowledge of the firearms industry and regulations. That wouldn’t surprise me. I don’t get a comfortable feeling that she understands any issues very thoroughly, just knows how to shake the pom-poms at the pep rally...

Please also see George’s comments on that blog from an earlier interview. Good Job George...(someone VERY involved in the firearms business).

Thanks Doug,
    You picked up on some good points regarding the response from Donna (who I understand made her response after mine).

There is NO need or allowance for ANY “National” program! Per the US Constitution there should be no US OR State Government infringement (including a license or training requirement) regarding our Second Amendment Right.

Perhaps this is understood, but for clarity there is one item that I would have inserted into my reply:
    3. 3. Please give some examples of gun laws you consider constitutional.
    Morovich: none come to mind, my family owns automatic weapons in compliance with law, but this <<LAW>> is really unconstitutional.

George

Major Woody

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2008
    I agree, George is a good man and deserves that seat. Doggett has been there too long. VOTE THEM ALL OUT!

glock1971

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Hays County
    YES!! It's time for a real change!! George M. will be at the Texas Gun Show tomorrow - Sunday Feb 21st! We were there all day today! Lots of fun and cool stuff there!! Ya'll come check us out at the Texas Gun Show Sunday Feb. 21st at the old Targe Bldg at Wm Cannon and S. IH 35.....

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jakeps
    Top Bottom