Please clear your weapons! Before popping the top.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ronf28

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2008
    Georgetown
    Sitting at work tonight listening to the tones drop. Dispatched to a person who shot themselves while "cleaning" their gun.... I was not on this particular one but have been on several before. My money has them drinking alcohol to some degree or another first. Seriously people put em down or for the love of god dont point them at yourselves.

On second thought make sure they dont graze your neck but enter squarely at the base of the skull. I'm done.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Agreed, guns and alcohol are a deadly mix.

And I always clear and check the weapon several times before disassembling. I am scared shitless of an AD...

Hawghauler

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2009
    Idaho
    There are plenty of things I will do while drinking, but never anything to do with firearms. They just don't mix.

randmplumbingllc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    El Paso
    Sitting at work tonight listening to the tones drop. Dispatched to a person who shot themselves while "cleaning" their gun.... I was not on this particular one but have been on several before. My money has them drinking alcohol to some degree or another first. Seriously people put em down or for the love of god dont point them at yourselves.

On second thought make sure they dont graze your neck but enter squarely at the base of the skull. I'm done.

First off, no one should EVER be under the influence of ANYTHING and handle a firearm ! DUH ! What ever happend to the "pinkey in the pipe" method ? Can't be a round in the chamber if your finger will go in the barrel. Some people are just brain dead. They handle weapons the same way they drive. That is why there are soo many wrecks. No one pays attention to anything anymore. IMO

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Judging by some of the people I see all day, I would say a majority of people even not under the influence of anything are still completely unsafe with firearms. Screw 'em. Whatever happens it's their own damn fault. I have no patience and no compassion for idiots.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Judging by some of the people I see all day, I would say a majority of people even not under the influence of anything are still completely unsafe with firearms. Screw 'em. Whatever happens it's their own damn fault. I have no patience and no compassion for idiots.

Yep.

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station

Thats one thing that you and i slightly differ on. I am the person that sees someone being irresponsible or that have no idea what they are doing i try to help and teach them if they blow me off then i tell them dont look down the barrel when you pull the trigger and im done.

WhoDat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    Austin, TX
    I no longer touch my guns, while drinking... younger days were a different story.

Unfortunately, I still do occasionally buy gun stuff online, after a few beers. About two months ago, I woke up with a bit of a hangover... checked my email to discover that I had two AR-15 uppers, a bunch of ammo, and about 20 assorted magazines en-route!

Guess i gotta start locking up the computer too... LOL

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Thats one thing that you and i slightly differ on. I am the person that sees someone being irresponsible or that have no idea what they are doing i try to help and teach them if they blow me off then i tell them dont look down the barrel when you pull the trigger and im done.

Try selling guns all day. ;) lol People see a gun store salesman as a two bit sales person and assume that they have a clue but the sales person doesn't. The worst about safety are usually the hunting/sporting shotgun crowd (not all of them, just the biggest percentage I see), especially the over under aficionados (again not all of them of course) that like to muzzle sweep everyone in the building because aiming upwards to prevent muzzle sweeping is not realistic enough for them to test out the cheek weld. I've almost given up trying to correct people or warn them (in a store that in itself would be a full time job), as they seem to think it's rude despite the fact it's a bad F'in habit.

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    I helped out in a gun store and we had a sign that gave the rules of the store as you entered and if you failed to abide by them we threw you out and put anywhere from a 3 day to 6 month ban on you coming into the store. But that was a privately owned shop.

Top Bottom