• 1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    Looking to get some glass on this thing
    IMAG0098.jpg

Ive quickly found that I cant hit the broad side of a barn with the iron sights at 100yds. The front blade on the sights is too fat and covers a good portion of the target.

Kinda looking into this one in the silver finish to match the finish of the gun better
    Nikon Force XR Riflescopes 2.5-8X28mm EER - BDC Reticle FREE S&H 8468, 8469. Nikon Rifle Scopes.
    I cant seem to find any rings in a silver finish for the picatinny rail so I guess Ill ahve to get some hydrodipped in a metal finish.

With some glass I might actually be able to be accurate with it to take to the deer stand. Right now Im not confident that I wouldnt gut shoot one and I definitely dont want to do that.
    Venture Surplus ad

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Whatever you get, I wouldn't use optics planet. My experience was terrible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    Whats wrong with them? Ive just noticed theyve usually got the best prices but am open to suggestions of where to buy. Id prefer vendors of the forum if theyre semi close in price, I dont mind paying a few bucks for people who will give me better service and appreciate my money more than a big business on the internet will.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    They didn't tell me the product was back ordered(showed to be in stock on their website) and they wouldn't get another shipment for 6 weeks and then they would be handling all previous orders before mine so I may not get it then. . I told them I would just cancel the order and get it somewhere else. Couldn't do that for another week because they put a hold on the money in my account the day I ordered it but took almost a week to get them to release it. I found the CS people to be less than helpfully after the sale and was told several times my money would be released within 24 hrs.

I ended up going to SWFA and have gone back twice since. Great people and they know their products and carry quite a few brands. Store is located in Rosebud and they also have a website. You can't go wrong with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    That would annoy me too, I wont be ordering from them. Customer service is very important to me even if it costs me a few extra bucks.

tmd11111

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    San Angelo, Tx
    DO NOT go with the Nikon. I broke two of them with my .460 mag. Even though Nikon replaced them free of charge it wasn't worth the headaches. I switched to a Burris and never had another problem. Also I highly recommend you use three quality rings with whatever scope you go with. Big bore hand cannons are notorious for making the scope shift with only two rings even if their lapped. I have had great luck with Warn steel rings.

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    Im finding that even Leupold cant stand up to the 500. Couple guys with TCs who have broken them too but theyre atleast getting into the hundreds of round counts so it seems Ill be picking up their VX3 and hope for the best. Still research what rings to go with to mount directly onto my picatinny rail. Im not sure if 3 will fit though.

Top Bottom