Lynx Defense

Pistol range at gander mountain in spring, tx.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Roscoe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    Magnolia
    Has anyone tried the indoor shooting range at the Spring, Tx. Gander Mountain?? If so, what do you think??
    Capitol Armory ad

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    The virtual range runs $25-$40/hr, depending on scenario. Acera's observation is dead on: there are other places nearby just as nice but cheaper.

I will say that their live-fire range is the first one I've ever seen with a can of sanitizing wipes at each station. One of their salesmen was walking up behind me when I looked through the glass, but he backed off most likely because he overheard me saying, "You gotta be f*ing kidding me!" (I said it quietly, but those wipes just hit me the wrong way.)

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Texasjack, I think you misunderstood the pricing.

Live Fire Range -- $25 per hour.
    https://gandermtnacademy.gandermountain.com/purchase-now/spring-tx/live-fire-range

Virtual Range -- $25 per half hour.
    https://gandermtnacademy.gandermountain.com/purchase-now/spring-tx/virtual-range

180 degree Simulation Range -- $35 per half hour.
    https://gandermtnacademy.gandermountain.com/simulation/pro-v-sim-180

300 degree Simulation Range -- $45 per half hour.
    https://gandermtnacademy.gandermountain.com/simulation/pro-v-sim-300

At those prices, I seriously doubt that we are talking about this place same time next year.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Say, Roscoe, why would you drive past Shooter's Station or Gun Emporium to go to Spring? Just checking it out?
    Admittedly I have mixed feelings over the Station. 1st visit good, second two less than good, last one was ok.
    The one time at Emporium, they do not allow anything close to rapid fire and no two-taps. :(

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    I liked gun emporium, but Glockster69's opinion is spot on... They have a lot of rules. I've been to Shooter's Station once and found them to be incredibly rude, but they do have a great selection.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I was told they spent ~$6 million on the two ranges.

One thing about the sim range, at least you don't add $100.00 worth of ammo to an hours worth of shooting.

As a side note, the sim range has a metal detector at the entrance to prevent anybody from carrying a real gun in there.....

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    I've been to Shooter's Station once and found them to be incredibly rude, but they do have a great selection.
    Attitude is what I was referring to on good/bad visit. I never got incredibly rude but they're inconsistent to be sure, and I'm talking about dudes who shouldn't be cycling.

jtriron

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2010
    HoustonTexas
    If I remember its' pricey at $25 an hour. Looked through the glass at it, nice small range. Just too many other places to go cheaper.

Yep
    25.00/ hour is way over the top.
    But I don't live in Spring, and the price of gasoline has to also be figured in the equation.

Roscoe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    Magnolia
    Glockster69 - I was just thinking about checking it out. I have shot at Shooters Station several times. The older guy (I think he was the manager)
    game across as a really decent guy. There was a younger guy, I think he was a security guard or a Conroe police officer who came across as a moron.
    I was in the store with five or six other federal agents who found the clerk to be a PITA. I still go there once in a while, but its not a favorite place to
    shoot.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Funny how we perceive people differently.
    Not sure who you mean by PITA clerk.
    I had the older guy as 'mere' counter help. My last visit he greeted me with a hardy 'howdy, what ya got in the case'? It was a .45 carbine.
    If by younger guy you're talking about the mid-thirties, trim and looks like LE material, he doesn't speak. Also, always seems to be glaring in disdain.
    If by younger guy you're talking about the mid-twenties, black/brunette haired guy, my first visit he made me feel welcome and was very helpful. Since then, not so much.
    And the @ 5' tall x @ 3' wide RSO/Glock armorer, he can just FO & D!
    It's not my favorite place to shoot either, just closest indoor range.

Gawd I hope Able's range is good!

Roscoe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    Magnolia
    Think we're talking about the guy in his mid-thirties. He was maybe 5'8" - 5'10"; 150-160 pounds. I didn't think he looked like LE material, but got
    the impression he believed he was. First time he talked was when he started telling one of the Houston FBI JTTF guys that he was using the wrong
    type of ammo. The older guy did our ID cards and asked what weapons we were shooting. I figured he was in charge, the other guy was acting
    in charge. The 20-some year old is the clerk you want to deal with if you're buying anything. Thankfully, I've never dealt with the glock armorer.
    Have you ever checked out the Thunder Gun Range?? I never heard of it before today. Its located on FM 1314 in S. Montgomery County. I may
    check it out, though I'd like to find an indoor range for bad weather (hopefully we'll have rain someday) pistol shooting.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Busy rookies
    Top Bottom