• ...and so much more!
  • leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    <>

Looks that I’ll have to buy a ‘’hard’’ locking bed cover for my new JEEP Gladiator.

The numerous varieties, features, claims, etc. are confusing. Every one seems to have some problem or glitch.

Any specific warnings, recommendations, source advice, etc. from the TGT Trucker contingent ?

Thanks in advance !

leVieux

?
    Lynx Defense

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    When I was flipping houses, I bought this one so I didn’t have to unload my bed every time I went anywhere. Still have it, I’d buy another.

I also got the tool box, but I don’t recommend it…it’s shit

lonestardiver

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Eagle Mountain Lake area
    I have the Bak Industries RevolverX2
    The RevolverX4 is the newer model.

It is secure, keeps most water out when it rains or going through a car wash. It rolls up for access to the bed. The roll up portion has aluminum bars that span the width of the bed so it doesn’t sag. When the end is latched down it locks the entire thing into place.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    When I was flipping houses, I bought this one so I didn’t have to unload my bed every time I went anywhere. Still have it, I’d buy another.

I also got the tool box, but I don’t recommend it…it’s shit

Thanks !

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    I have the Bak Industries RevolverX2
    The RevolverX4 is the newer model.

It is secure, keeps most water out when it rains or going through a car wash. It rolls up for access to the bed. The roll up portion has aluminum bars that span the width of the bed so it doesn’t sag. When the end is latched down it locks the entire thing into place.
    <>

Is there a dealer in Texas ?

?

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    Not a hard cover but I've had a WeatherTech rollup cover on my Toyota for six years. Keeps bed dry, doesn't sag and locks into place.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    As I’m now ‘’retired’’, & we plan to use the little truck for travel, I need a HARD fold or roll cover..

I don’t understand why they all seem to use complicated clamp systems, instead of just bolting-down to bed structure.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    I had no a bakflip and loved it. Mine was the aluminum, and if I got another I’d get the hdpe version instead. Got caught in a hail storm and the aluminum got beat to hell and really looked like chit afterward. It took a hit right at the point the alum panel buts up against the frame and it leaked from that point on. I removed it about two years later after the latch by the tailgate pulled through . Part of me thinks someone may have pried it up. I ended up removing it a few months ago.

Ausländer

Yak Shaving
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 14, 2022
    New Braunfels
    I also have the bakflip on my 150 and it's worked out great for the last 4+. The only issue I have is the glue holding the dual felt strips (on the bottom side) wore out. Rolling up the cover now requires you be extra careful so as not to pinch your hand in the folds or to wear gloves. It doesn't impact the function or security of the cover though.

Top Bottom