Capitol Armory ad

Picking up WASR AK cheap in San Antonio?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Adionik

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    san antonio
    I'm trying to pick up a cheap wasr...they're $379 + $25ffl + $14 shipping online. Is there any store in SA that would do something similar to this? I've heard of a few people on AR15.com getting WASRs in Houston for $400 OTD...
    Capitol Armory ad

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    I'm trying to pick up a cheap wasr...they're $379 + $25ffl + $14 shipping online. Is there any store in SA that would do something similar to this? I've heard of a few people on AR15.com getting WASRs in Houston for $400 OTD...

I don't think you are going to find them priced better then Classic Arms or JG sales even with FFL and Shipping in SA. Believe me I have been looking.

Where on AR did you see that???

Adionik

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    san antonio
    I am also considering getting a cheap single stack wasr for $299 on Classicarms and converting it to a double stack...i've seen a few how to's and it looks like mostly dremel work. Anyone done this before..? Worth the $70 i'd save?

WadeP

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2010
    San Marcos, TX
    I am also considering getting a cheap single stack wasr for $299 on Classicarms and converting it to a double stack...i've seen a few how to's and it looks like mostly dremel work. Anyone done this before..? Worth the $70 i'd save?

It's not hard to convert it to double-stack. But if you've never done it before and unless you have access to a vertical mill, count on 2-3 hours and a bunch of dremel cut-off discs so only you can decide if that hassle is worth the savings. Also consider that some singlestack wasr's may need additional US compliance parts installed to not run afoul of 922r so you may see your savings evaporate. The saying, "Pay once, cry once" may apply.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    You might try the SAXET show this coming weekend, I've seen numerous WASR-10s there and prices seem to be coming down; but I would recommend keeping your Yugo as it is a much better AK!

Cheers! M2

papatangeh

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2010
    Waco, TX
    if i were you...i would check out some gun shows...you might be in the risk of getting a crappy WASR-10 with many problems

i picked up a WASR-10/63 at a gun show...the vendor let me pick out the gun i wanted

399.99 for a perfect WASR-10/63 with a tapco trigger and 2 steel mags

after tax, it was $424.

just make sure you look out for crappy WASRs.

Top Bottom