• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phatcyclist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I went into my local gun shop and looked over their inventory, they almost always have something I didn't know I wanted until I see it. Today was no exception. I looked and say a two-digit price tag on a rifle in the back of the display. The owner takes a wood-stocked .22 semi-auto from the shelf. I look over the rifle and see that it's a Sears Roebuck and Co. Model 6C, made in Canada of all places! Well, I looked at the $79 price tag and couldn't pass it up. I go in often enough that the guy knows I look at odd stuff they have sitting around, so he says "$75 plus tax sound good?" I told him that would be fine, I'll take it. Well, after filling out the 4473 and handing him my licenses, he tells me he'll do it for $75 out the door, sweet!

Doing a little research, this is a post-1961 gun made by Winchester-Cooey for Sears. It will load and eject a snap-cap. I'll need to shoot this next time I'm out at the range.

Anyway, here are the pictures.

Propped up on an old box of Eley primed .22 I had sitting around.
    6c1d.jpg

Action of the rifle.
    6c2t.jpg

Barrel stamping.
    6c3t.jpg

More barrel stamping
    6c4h.jpg

Close-up of the action, the SAFE function is simply a detent that you slip the charging handle into.
    6c5u.jpg

Shot of the magazine, that's gun oil on my fingers.
    6c6k.jpg

Close-up of the box of ammunition.
    6c7y.jpg

phatcyclist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    That looks exactly like a Savage I have . Magazines, oops sorry, " HiCap Clips" , look the same too.

The Savage Model 64 is almost exactly the same. The trigger group has a safety lever on it, the rear sight assembly is different and the receiver is drilled and tapped for scope mounts on the newer models. I want to get this thing out to the range, I took it completely down and cleaned out all the dust. There were no indications that it had been shot much, and most of the gunk I pulled out was oily dust. The bore and chamber are perfect. They are regarded as good little plinkers from what I have read and I think it's neat to have a Sears Roebuck branded rifle.

Top Bottom