Gun Zone Deals

Permissive Outdoor Gun Range in the DFW Area? (shooting from concealment)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fun Guns LLC

Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2019
    Austin
    I looked around, but couldnt find any ranges that would allow you to shoot from the hip, concealed or otherwise. I was interested doing a training session for my friends to expose them to real life scenarios. Drawing, shooting under stress, etc.
    Military Camp

justmax

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 28, 2019
    Kingwood
    I looked around, but couldnt find any ranges that would allow you to shoot from the hip, concealed or otherwise. I was interested doing a training session for my friends to expose them to real life scenarios. Drawing, shooting under stress, etc.
    My suggestion would be to see which ranges host IDPA matches and join up.

Tactical Panda

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2019
    DFW
    My suggestion would be to see which ranges host IDPA matches and join up.

This. You should also look into private shooting clubs, as opposed to public ranges. Most public ranges aren't gonna want the liability of you shooting your big toe off. Mine (private club) has a rule that states you can shoot from a holster if you are (1) in law enforcement (2) an IDPA match shooter, or (3) have demonstrated proficiency to a range officer.

Jack Ryan

Mr. Medium
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2016
    Eseldorf
    You might want to search for "public shooting range" on this forum and read the results.

Then think about if you want to shoot at a "permissive" outdoor public shooting range, let alone take your green friends along with you.

Dred

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Then think about if you want to shoot at a "permissive" outdoor public shooting range

This!

I'm in Houston so barely helpful, but I can shoot from strong side holster at Athena and Texas Gun Club. Both required qualification and I always tell them before I start practicing my draw to fire.

That Tires Range Colion Noir likes to film at is up your way.

Royalecheese

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2017
    This!

I'm in Houston so barely helpful, but I can shoot from strong side holster at Athena and Texas Gun Club. Both required qualification and I always tell them before I start practicing my draw to fire.

That Tires Range Colion Noir likes to film at is up your way.

This is the one Colion shows in some of his vids. According to the site they do allow drawing from the holster:

• Rapid fire, draw from holster, transition from rifle to pistol, running while shooting, etc. are all allowed.

Fun Guns LLC

Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2019
    Austin
    You might want to search for "public shooting range" on this forum and read the results.

Then think about if you want to shoot at a "permissive" outdoor public shooting range, let alone take your green friends along with you.
    Oh I know exactly where you’re coming from. Have had enough close calls overseas training foreign law enforcement and intelligence agencies. I was looking for a range with private bays/sections such as TDSA and shootsmart. I was only going to take two or so with me to train them on drawing from the holster and others fundamental self-defense tactics.

Chuckles

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 4, 2021
    Fort Worth
    but couldnt find any ranges that would allow you to shoot from the hip, concealed or otherwise. I was interested doing a training session for my friends to expose them to real life scenarios. Drawing, shooting under stress, etc.
    on the Fort Worth side I think Defender Outdoors Shooting Range (they have indoor and outdoor facilities) let's you shoot from a holster. They also do scenario based shooting events.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    B tactical in caddo mills east of DFW mess has private shooting bays where you could do something like this

Mycin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    McKinney
    Old thread, but if you're on the north side of Dallas, Mission 160. It's about 30-40 minutes north of McKinney.

Private range set up specifically for defensive-style handgun training and competitions. Unless there's a competition in progress (normally on Saturday mornings), I've never had a problem getting a bay, and even then there's usually one or two available.

Top Bottom