People who’ve had to show or use their gun in self-defense. What’s your experience? Like what happened Start to finish.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BurgerKingBrad1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2024
    Pipe Creek
    I have had one experience that I don’t want to go into details much about but a guy was trying to run my family off the road in my dad had to do something so he flashed it well holding it by the barrel and the guy backed off then 20 minutes later 10 to 20 cop, cars behind us both my parents were arrested Turns out the guy said my dad pointed it out him and was hanging out the window, which was a complete lie several months later, and a lot of money it was dismissed and expunged.

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    I've never pulled it on a person, carrying for over 15 years in TX and another license in NY for 20 years. I have pulled it twice in my front yard because of a pitbull. Both times the deputy said it was my right to protect myself.

BurgerKingBrad1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2024
    Pipe Creek
    I've never pulled it on a person, carrying for over 15 years in TX and another license in NY for 20 years. I have pulled it twice in my front yard because of a pitbull. Both times the deputy said it was my right to protect myself.
    Actually, I am Wrong. There was two other time but I really wouldn’t count them. There were some flashlights on the edge of my property so I ran over there real quick to see what was going on with my Gun. Then my retarded brother-in-law thought it was a good idea to walk behind me. When I didn’t even know he was over. Luckily, I saw him before I turned around. I noticed him gladly nothing happened besides that I live in an area where there’s a couple drug attic’s that like to go steal stuff

craigntx

Masta Copypasta
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    Cypress, Tejas
    Me and my chick were leaving a bar in Hitchcock. My glock had been under the seat.
    I didnt point it at him but he didn't get off his bike when he saw it.
    Huge mofo I didnt know about. Turns out unbeknownst to me I was the side dude.
    He just said the old shit you can run but you cant hide. I got on my bike and rode off

Mills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2020
    Texas
    IMG_7028.gif

Dred

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Hmmmm,

I've never brandished. But, my sidearm has saved lives (maybe mine) more than once. How?

One example: 10p or so trying to exit 290. Feeder was a parking lot. I had to turn right so I jumped in the right lane to hurry up and wait. 5 minutes later (still waiting) I observe a dude pulling a loaded horse trailer exit onto the feeder behind me and proceed to pull all the way up to where the lane he was using closed. I chuckled and thought ... I don't think so. Driver became beligerant and he got to me about 5 more minutes into the wait with constant horn blasting, profanities and direct challenges. Told gf that's it, threw drivers door open and jumped down ready to offer feedback.

Felt the weight of the 1911 on my hip as I touched the ground and immediately chilled. I wasn't gun fight pissed. So, he followed for several miles while I had my gf (now wife) on the phone with harris co. 'cause I felt like he was going to make a serious mistake if he challenged me. Pulled imto a gas station where I saw a couple deputies. Turns out 911 hadn't done squat to alert them to my situation, but horse trailer douche didn't pull in behind me.

I have not participated in any testosterone measuring contests since I got my CHL now LTC.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

justmax

Well-Known
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 28, 2019
    Kingwood
    Over the many years that I’ve been carrying a weapon I’ve only actually drawn it on somebody once. Most times just sweeping my shirt or jacket back and having my hand on it while still holstered was enough of a message to send.

The one time not so long ago that still gives me chill bumps to think about went like this. I live in an RV and right next-door to me is a 20 foot enclosed trailer. That is my little workshop. about 10 o’clock one night. I heard motion and saw flicker of a light behind, my shop I grab my gun snuck out. Found a person back there, told him to freeze. I had my gun at the low ready. at this time instead of freezing, this person turned around with a cordless drill in their hand pointed at me. come to find out he was installing an Internet cable For a camper here at the park and never checked in with anyone at the park let alone being working that late at night.

When he turned around with that cordless drill in his hand, I came up from the low ready with finger on the trigger and why I did not fire. I don’t know. all of my instinct, experience and training told me I should’ve shot him. In retrospect, I sure glad I didn’t, but either way I get goosebumps thinking about it

He ended up calling the cops on me, which showed up an hour or two later. They told me I was perfectly justified, good thing I didn’t shoot, asked me if I wanted to press, trespassing charges, and then called him an idiot, and went about their way.

Top Bottom