• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    I think it's obvious that the world has gone crazy, but we like to think that we have some small spots - like TGT - where things are a bit less aggravating. Started off today by walking into a fight in the nearby convenience store. Some woman was trying to run the old cash scam, where you give the cashier different bills and conduct several different transactions, then tell him he didn't give you the right change. (It's an old scam. I remember people trying to run that on me 50 years ago.) The Asian guy working there looks like he's 15, but he's got a college degree and has been working there since he was in junior high, so he wasn't buying into it. She tried to record him telling her she was stupid, but I told him to be careful and not say anything. (Besides, I had seen her stick the money in her back pocket.) She turned and ranted on me, calling me a "white, m*** f***, redneck cracker" and a few other things I've forgotten. I laughed at her. I'm easily 3 times her size, so she thought better of it and went back to arguing with the clerk. Meanwhile, a kid that had been sitting around the to the side of the store slipped in, loaded up his hoodie with stuff, and slipped out the door while the cashier was occupied. I stuck around until she left because I've known the guy and his family for many years and I figured with a witness there she was less likely to do something more stupid.

Then I contacted a guy who I was trying to buy something from on TGT. I had asked for a time and place the day before, but never got one from him. This time he gave me a place and asked me to set a time. I suggested a time and he blew me off, blocking my texts and calls. I called him on another phone and he told me I had kept him waiting and the item was already sold. I've done business with TGT members for years - buying, selling, and trading - and I've never run into someone like this. I probably need to check and see if it's a full moon today.

Wasted his time? By asking for a time and place to meet? Guy strung me out all of Wednesday, then (finally) sent me his phone number. Thursday morning, after not hearing from him, I sent texts:

(10:14 a.m.) Me: This is xxxx from xxxxxx. What's a good time and place to close the deal on the {item}?
    (10:20) Him: I'm in zzzzzzzz and available all morning, I could meet you in the parking lot of ALDIs.
    (10:21) Him: {aldi's address}
    (10:26) Me: Time?
    (10:26) Him: What time can you meet?
    (10:27) Me: It's 10:30. Say 12:00?
    (10:28) Him: That's not morning, thanks for your time, I'm out, good luck with your search

At this point he blocked me from sending him messages or calls. I didn't know that yet, and sent him:

(10:28) Me: How about 11:30?

I later called him from another phone and he told me the item was already sold. I'm pretty much forced to give him negative feedback. This is less than honorable behavior, and I can find nothing that I've done that was not as a gentleman.
    Texas SOT

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    I always wondered about the fact that most of his posts were items for sale.
    Wondered if he was working out of a shop or something.
    I got sensitized by a guy selling stuff near me. He had some things I wanted (way overpriced by the way - neckbeard?) so I kept an eye out. Every f'king post was for his stuff to sell. My radar is currently out for more - hence why I reported it.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    My initial PM included my phone number. He responded that he didn't like to use phones and wanted only contact through TGT. OK, weird, but I tried that. Couldn't get him to set a place or time. My thought was that it might be a fake ad - like "Send me the money and I'll mail it to you." Probably he wanted to sell to a friend and wasn't honorable enough to say that. Regardless, I had to submit feedback in order to warn others to be careful. It could be that he's legit but just weird.

Top Bottom