• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2ManyGuns

Revolver's, get one, shoot the snot out of it!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    Would have been simpler to give the kid a ball cap for the day, a letter to the parents to get it fixed. Some dumb ass used a sharpie instead to solve a problem.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Racist!

We all know she polish is 17 steps removed from being racist cause someone at some time used it for black face. How dare you even admit it exists.
    What gets me is my whole life I never considered myself racist. I tend to judge a person by their actions, not their skin tone. Then a couple years ago I found out that since I'm white and male, I was born racist. Could someone at least point me to my privilege?

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    It is your ongoing privilege to be the scapegoat for al problems faced by those who made poor choices in life and wernt bestowed with wealth and a life of leisure.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Article says PISD eliminated the extreme haircut prohibition in the dress code after this. Kids can now have mohawks & similar. What could go wrong?
    Weird1.jpg

Attachments

• Weird1.jpg
      Weird1.jpg
      33.5 KB · Views: 253

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    ...I don't like the lawsuit claiming racial bias, the attempt was to match the hair color, not the skin color.
    Yeah, I don't care for that angle, either. I saw the family and their lawyer on TV last night. The lawyer says something like "..the district clearly hates African-Americans."
    What crap. Probably the only way that desperate loser has a shot at winning "his" case.

Bottom line: they should have sent the kid home for the family to fix it. Not try to "fix" it there. If they were unaware of the district policy, it would be a way to inform them.

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    Guess the old adage that two stupids cant make a smart or something like that is true. What kind of retarded adult takes a sharpie to a 12 YO’s head? Sorry, those 2 geniuses need to pay out the nose for their total lack of brain cells. Hmmmmm. Brainless dolt is principal. Says a lot about that school/district. Maybe even public screwels as a whole. Maybe dad should get 5 minutes with those 2 Mensa candidates.

I’m not sure I’d consider an M shaved in the fade to be extreme, but then I’m not all hip on the gang things. Is it some gang symbol or symbol for some other extreme affiliation??? Even if I did think it crazy, I’d have given the kid the day off and sent him home or sent him back to class telling him what was wrong and to fix it by the next day.

Liberal lack of brain logic. Boy dressing as girl isn’t disruptive to a class environment and should be celebrated. “M” in a fade must be covered ASAFP.

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Guess the old adage that two stupids cant make a smart or something like that is true. What kind of retarded adult takes a sharpie to a 12 YO’s head? Sorry, those 2 geniuses need to pay out the nose for their total lack of brain cells. Hmmmmm. Brainless dolt is principal. Says a lot about that school/district. Maybe even public screwels as a whole. Maybe dad should get 5 minutes with those 2 Mensa candidates.

I’m not sure I’d consider an M shaved in the fade to be extreme, but then I’m not all hip on the gang things. Is it some gang symbol or symbol for some other extreme affiliation??? Even if I did think it crazy, I’d have given the kid the day off and sent him home or sent him back to class telling him what was wrong and to fix it by the next day.

Liberal lack of brain logic. Boy dressing as girl isn’t disruptive to a class environment and should be celebrated. “M” in a fade must be covered ASAFP.

The article said it was not gang or violence related, so there's no telling what it means. It might not even be an "M". It might just be a design that happens to look like one. I agree that it's not really extreme. I don't get the appeal of it, but it's not something that I would consider extreme or distracting.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    M44 and I agree on a few things and this is one of them.

I happen to find 'gay-centric' hair styles repulsive, but even if I could make them get an appealing (to me) hair style I wouldn't.

I damned sure don't like this kids hairstyle, but in a world full of things awful, a dumb hair style (my opinion of course) on a school kid is a parents choice to veto or not - not the schools.

The school is way off the mark with this, not because of any dopey ideas that what the school did was racist, it wasn't, it was just a really, really stupid thing to do........

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx

I don't agree with what the school officials did either. I also don't agree with the precedence that lawsuit implies. I don't believe it to be racially motivated as claimed and the lawsuit is frivolous. Suspension or other disciplinary action is about all that it should entail.

Inspector43

Everything I Own Is Paid For
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 12, 2017
    Colorado County, Texas
    I think the parent(s) set him up and did it just to test the school and fire up a law suit. Just like as soon as smoke rises from a refinery the ER rooms are full of breathing problem customers.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I don't agree with what the school officials did either. I also don't agree with the precedence that lawsuit implies. I don't believe it to be racially motivated as claimed and the lawsuit is frivolous. Suspension or other disciplinary action is about all that it should entail.
    Of course it isnt racially motivated. Not from the cancerous tumor of liberalism that is our schools. Not a phucking chance.

All that should have happened is a letter home saying fix it, if it's even addressed at all. They have these stupid rules for ignorant reasons. You know gangs n disruptions. If they can even articulate it anymore. They will have a hard time defending a first amendment lawsuit on this. The parents wont get money from winning that but they might win a few bucks screaming racism just to shut them up.

The racial lawsuit goes know where.

Top Bottom