• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    Waited all day to hear something and never did. Nothing mentioned on my news sites, nothing on Fox, Google sure as hell didn't have anything after a week of Sesame Street.

I wasn't glued to the set or pc yesterday, so I could have missed it. Did anyone hear anything?

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    I heard nothing either so it must be like the Nazi death camps - never happened.
    How soon the American media and public forgets.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2009
    DFW
    There was a bit on the news last night about a memorial with survivors attending, but it was only a 30 second clip.

First thing I did yesterday morning was lower the Flag to half mast.

half-mast.gif

TimberWolf7.62

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Houston
    Gentlemen, if you ever go to Hawaii, set aside an hour or more for Pearl Harbor. Nice museums, an outside display with a separate memorial stone for each submarine lost in WW2, the battleship Missouri, and a short movie before the boat ride out to the Arizona memorial. I dare you to keep a dry eye throughout the process.

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    Gentlemen, if you ever go to Hawaii, set aside an hour or more for Pearl Harbor. Nice museums, an outside display with a separate memorial stone for each submarine lost in WW2, the battleship Missouri, and a short movie before the boat ride out to the Arizona memorial. I dare you to keep a dry eye throughout the process.

Totally agreed. Was one of the best things I'm glad I got to do when I went to Hawaii. When you get out to the Arizona Memorial, it's eerily peaceful and makes you really reflect. And the Missouri ... what can I say ... She's just AWESOME. I know battleships aren't as good for "modern" warfare, but dammit, I miss them. To me, nothing say's "prepare to meet your maker" more than a big ole battleship.

Wish I could afford to go back sometime in the nearer future ...

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jakeps
    Top Bottom