• Rafe

Foxtrot Kilo Hotel
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2021
    General Htown Area
    I use a fair bit of screen real estate, so I bumped up my monitor size a few years back. That's a 27 inch monitor, on the left.

View attachment 472173
    ^^^ This. I can't function without dual displays. Took a look at the newer mongo curved monitors from Samsung (they make 'em up to 57" now), but opted not to go that route. I'm sure I could make one of them work fine, but I'm not a gamer and I don't stream movies on the workstation. What I do, however, is edit audio and video in addition to more conventional office stuff. For me, two flat displays works better and, like @Brains, one of them can be rotated to be in either landscape or portrait mode.

And I'm not the fastest typist around, but another consideration for me is a high-quality mechanical keyboard. Just can't stand the typical membrane keyboards. If your hours are spent doing a lot of typing, I'd suggest budgeting up to about $200 for the keyboard. Kinda like folks saying not to scrimp on getting a quality mattress. If you're going to spend hours a day on it, don't get a low-end model. :)

Top Bottom